What to do after the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

visionboy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am based in London and I have recently finished my MCAT exam in June this month. I obtained a Biomedical Engineering Masters Degree from Oxford 2years ago and I have not been working for half a year just to prepare myself for medicine. I planned to apply for medical schools in USA, Australia and Singapore with my MCAT result.

The MCAT result will not be released until July, therefore, in the meantime is there anything I should do to prepare myself better for the tough medical career? I feel like I don't have too many friends in the same situation as me to talk to and I really hope to hear some advices. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

is there a reapplication in this story

Members don't see this ad :)
dude we are not colleagues. not in the same field. wouldn't be surprised if you're younger.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes kind of, I applied for MBBS at University of Hong Kong and attended to the interview. However, I was not performing well on the day and I might have lost the chance of securing the offer.

I value the opinions from re-applicants because I am in a transition/gap year situation and I believe most of the re-applicants must have also gone through the same stage (unlike those who go straight into medical school upon completion of undergraduate). If you feel like I have post this thread in the wrong section, profuse apology.

Appreciate any further comments!

Yes kind of, I applied for MBBS at University of Hong Kong and attended to the interview. However, I was not performing well on the day and I might have lost the chance of securing the offer.

I value the opinions from re-applicants because I am in a transition/gap year situation and I believe most of the re-applicants must have also gone through the same stage (unlike those who go straight into medical school upon completion of undergraduate). If you feel like I have post this thread in the wrong section, profuse apology.

Appreciate any further comments!

The NonTraditional forum would be more appropriate for this situation.

Also, thing about where you want to practice after medical school. If it is the US, then look towards a US med school. If you are not a US citizen or permanent resident, that will make it harder to get a seat.

Reactions: 1 user
You are not a reapplicant if you never applied to US schools.
Which country are you from? Where do you want to practice?
Check out International Medical Forums.