What to do for volunteering...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BcWildcat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a freshman and I wasn't sure what to do for volunteering because I cannot find any opportunities in the field of dentistry beyond shadowing. My good friends mom works at the local hospital and told me that I can volunteer there but I wasn't sure if that would be good or not considering I want to go into dentistry.

Members don't see this ad.

its fine. i'm doing stuff at a food bank. The sooner you start, the better.

Members don't see this ad :)
anywhere!
When people first start pre-med, pre-dent track, they always look for health related,
but they dn't have to be. Community works just show your commitment to serving community, rather than yourself.
So any kind of volunteering work will suffice. Also try animal shelter and food bank. Or you can find a church where kids need free tutoring in math and reading.

There are lots of volunteering to do, if you are willing to set aside few hours a week.

do anything! anything at all! it doesn't have to be related to dentistry, you just wanna show that you have a humanitarian instinct and that you enjoy helping others, that you have it in you because as a dentist you will be helping others!

Do something which you enjoy. It could be dental related or it could be volunteering with the boys and girls club after school sports program.

Uhm where do you currently reside?

Be involved in the community. You can also participate in your State's chapter of Special Olympics! It's what I do on my spare time and I really enjoy it.