What to do in the meantime?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acrowston

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, my app is in for my in province school in Canada

According to my calculations, I'm pretty much right at the bottom of the cut-off for GPA. Thankfully, from what I hear of recent changes, at least I'll get some points towards an interview. Really hoping that my 6 years out of University progressing up the corporate ladder, starting a family, etc. is going to pay dividends on the non-academic section.

Just wondering what other people are doing in the meantime while waiting to hear about the next steps of the process? Are you working on strengthening your app for next year? Living life? Relaxing?

I've added a few volunteer activities to help set myself up more for next year (hospital, Sunday school, coaching), and waiting to get my MCAT score next week. I've been thinking about starting a graduate diploma in Business to help a little at least with my GPA and to be a back-up in case I never get in. They have 3 intakes a year and I could apply in November, but part of me thinks I should wait until I for sure get a regrets email before dropping money on it.o

Other than that, 3 kids under the age of 5 and a full-time job is pretty busy in and of itself!

Anyways....I guess this might be more of a rant than anything because at least posting on here is doing something! Haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Keep reading, widely broadly, professionally can be satisfiying as well. Your brain is probably already running at a good clip considering you just took the MCAT.

Keep reading, widely broadly, professionally can be satisfiying as well. Your brain is probably already running at a good clip considering you just took the MCAT.

Great point. I was doing this before I began studying for the MCAT and is something I should get back into.

Well, my app is in for my in province school in Canada

According to my calculations, I'm pretty much right at the bottom of the cut-off for GPA. Thankfully, from what I hear of recent changes, at least I'll get some points towards an interview. Really hoping that my 6 years out of University progressing up the corporate ladder, starting a family, etc. is going to pay dividends on the non-academic section.

Just wondering what other people are doing in the meantime while waiting to hear about the next steps of the process? Are you working on strengthening your app for next year? Living life? Relaxing?

I've added a few volunteer activities to help set myself up more for next year (hospital, Sunday school, coaching), and waiting to get my MCAT score next week. I've been thinking about starting a graduate diploma in Business to help a little at least with my GPA and to be a back-up in case I never get in. They have 3 intakes a year and I could apply in November, but part of me thinks I should wait until I for sure get a regrets email before dropping money on it.o

Other than that, 3 kids under the age of 5 and a full-time job is pretty busy in and of itself!

Anyways....I guess this might be more of a rant than anything because at least posting on here is doing something! Haha.

To answer what I have been doing. My fun activity is learning Spanish. For a month I studied it like I was preparing for the MCAT. Once I saw how long it would take to become fluent, I dialed it back a notch. If I get accepted this year, then I am taking a cruise to Mexico.

Reactions: 1 user