What to do with an MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tjt27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been researching more and more about pursuing an MPH in Global Health. I am really interested in the coursework and curriculum that many programs offer. Specifically, George Washington University's Global Health Program Design, Monitoring & Evaluation. It encompasses all of my interests. I was just wondering if any of you know what type of job opportunities this degree would open for me (what I would actually be doing after completing the degree?

Members don't see this ad.

You'll probably get some good answers here, but also feel free to contact GW. When I applied there, an alumna contacted me to talk about the program. Schools love questions like this.

Also, there are some threads on here about Global Health opportunities.

My spouse worked in monitoring and evaluation--it's pretty broad in that it can be used in a variety of settings. It's main goal, is just as it appears, to monitor and/or evaluated various programs and to see if they're working as they should be. You can use it in developing, developed, or any setting. It can also be used in a variety of contexts, not just public health, but public policy, business strategy, and other settings where understanding whether a program that was implemented works.