What to expect at BUSPM interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UndecidedHealth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a interview this week at BUSPM, can anyone tell me what to expect?
Is it laid back etc? Will I be sweating through my suit etc?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there a few days ago. It's a great school, very relaxed. Just be yourself and you'll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed there a few days ago. It's a great school, very relaxed. Just be yourself and you'll be fine.

Since there are a lot of negativity towards this school for some reason here on SDN, can you tell us some things you really liked there? And would you attend if you were accepted? Why or not?

Reactions: 1 user
Since there are a lot of negativity towards this school for some reason here on SDN, can you tell us some things you really liked there? And would you attend if you were accepted? Why or not?

I really don't get the negativity on SDN. It is a very nice school. The facilities are a little on the older side, and the area the campus is located in is kind of questionable (although the entire campus is gated), but if you can look past these two minor things it really looks like a great school. I would definitely go there if accepted. My only hesitation is the cost of living in Miami.

I really can't say enough about how great the faculty and staff are. The admissions director, Amy, is the nicest person you will ever meet. The students all seem thrilled to be there. The professors are very nice as well.

The interview was open file, two on one. Both interviewers were very nice and were a pleasure to speak with. The entire interview lasted about 20 minutes. The interview is the first thing you do when you get there, which is nice because the rest of the day is pretty low stress as a result.

Oh and perhaps most importantly the food in the cafeteria is second to none (relatively speaking). :D

Reactions: 1 users
The facilities are a little on the older side, and the area the campus is located in is kind of questionable (although the entire campus is gated), but if you can look past these two minor things it really looks like a great school. I would definitely go there if accepted. My only hesitation is the cost of living in Miami.

I noticed that too when I went on a vacation to Miami and made a pit stop on a weekend to the school. I went on a visit Kent State with my mom (just a 2hr drive from my home) and she loved that facility and I did to, but then when we went to Barry my parents were very wary of me going there. It seems like they just built a random building that was going to be an extension of Barry and then just posted a sign saying "Podiatry Medical School" on it. And the cost of living in Miami is a big hike compared to Kent State, but still much better than downtown NY! Barry still is my 2nd choice only behind Kent State.

Pretty much all the DPM schools are located in not the greatest areas, tbh there's really nothing bad about the area Barry is in. You'll realize if you move to Miami that the quality of the neighborhoods change from literally block to block. As for the facilities, they are definitely better than schools like Temple or NYCPM but not on the level of like DMU or something. The podiatry building is separate from the main campus, but it's pretty nice inside. You won't spend much time at all there for the first couple of years though since all your classes are at the main campus.

As for the negativity on the forums, honestly it's really just the same 1-2 threads that get bumped so it's rather overstated. And most of that criticism seemed to be directed to one or two professors in particular (both for being very tough) and one of them isn't even at the schools anymore. Since this thread is about the interview process I'll just leave it at that.

OP my interview was a 3 on 1 and around 30 minutes, but it wasn't bad at all. I never felt like they asked me anything ridiculous or something where I would have to think of some useless story on the spot (like Western did). Just read the stuff in the link posted above and you'll be fine.

For me, I was sweating through my suit because I had poor grades and they were asking about it. I didn't get a chance to look around the neighborhood, but it just didn't feel like a second home to me. I couldn't see myself going there. However, once you have your interview, you will know if you want to go there or not. The point of the interview is also for you to interview the school and see what they have to offer. Make sure you look at that link that UCFGRAD10 posted and definitely look at their school website so you can have some questions and know their aims. Best of luck to you bud and keep us updated.