what to focus on

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fleur64

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I have two weeks left until my mcat and was hoping to receive some feedback on what materials i should use next. I have already completed the aamc exams. I have the PR Cracking Exams, old Kaplan exams (the longer ones), and the Self Assessments. I also have the PR Science Workbook (finished about 1/3).

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Also, I used BR for my orgo review. However doing the PR SW, I see some things that are left out in BR. Should I focus on these discrepancies?

Members don't see this ad.

Do the self assessments for sure! And for orgo content, I'd go with what the Berkeley Review covers. The TPRH workbook includes things that are definitely not being tested, like aromatic substitutions, whereas BR tends to stick pretty closely to the AAMC outline.

Yeah Im leaning towards BR for orgo as well. Also, have you tried the old kaplan exams or PR exams?

I wouldn't focus on many discrepancies, but instead focus on main concepts and make sure you have them down.
I'd recommend (in this order):
1. AAMCs SAs
2. TPR SW (but take some passages with a grain of salt)
3. TBR orgo (though this is a great resource, you should spend your time with TPR SW because it encompasses all the sciences)