What to put in the "Honours & Awards" section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbarne01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice.
The Honours & Awards section is new for the Ontario Veterinary College app and there aren't any instructions. What qualifies for this section? From admitted students threads I've found ppl often include:
- honour roll/semester grade awards
- research grants
- financial awards & scholarships
- work related awards (top seller, etc.)
- community acknowledgement for e service

But what else might go here? Can you give some examples of things that fit here that I might not have thought of?

I have several medal placings at national competitions (shooting), does that give the wrong message?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I included academic honor societies here--Tri-Beta and the like. In fairness, though, I added those mostly because otherwise this section would have been rather bare.

I put scholarships that I won, deans list, academic honors, awards won from horse shows (state champ, national top ten etc), and awards won from clubs that I participate in at school (Sports club of the year, stuff like that).

Members don't see this ad :)
I put honors societies, honors programs, scholarships, and departmental awards, deans list, and graduation honors like Summa cum laude, etc. Vmcas also asked all the way through high school, so I had to dig up my high school resume haha! (I won some silly award for being easily startled in marching band- didn't include that!) But I would list the college ones first since they are probably more significant.