What to say if interviewer has no questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anbuitachi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had several instances for medical school interviews where the interviewer started off by saying, 'I looked thru your application. You think you are a fine applicant. Do you have any questions for me?"

Aside from asking questions, is this like a trick or something? Are we supposed to do something here or just ask a couple of questions and get out (in case this happens again on my residency interviews). I didn't get into any school that did this on my medical school interview trail.

Members don't see this ad.

It's not uncommon. I didn't like those as it seemed like a lack of preparation from the interviewer. But at that point, I'd just ask a bunch of questions. The nice thing is that it allows you more control over the interview.

I had several instances for medical school interviews where the interviewer started off by saying, 'I looked thru your application. You think you are a fine applicant. Do you have any questions for me?"

Aside from asking questions, is this like a trick or something? Are we supposed to do something here or just ask a couple of questions and get out (in case this happens again on my residency interviews). I didn't get into any school that did this on my medical school interview trail.

I had this situation for three out of the four interviews at one program. Like the above user said, it's not uncommon. I think it's a good question from the interviewer's standpoint. It lets them assess how well you know the program (and why you applied there) as well as how good you are at carrying on a conversation.

Reactions: 1 user