What to wear at an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MTAC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, this may be an obvious and dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyway. I have an interview coming up down in Florida, and I wanted to know what I should wear to the interview. I was thinking a suit but is that too dressy? I didn't think so but I just wanted to be sure. Or should I just go with the shirt and tie? Not totally positive, so that's why I'm asking.

Can someone help me out with this real quick?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you can be overdressed for a PT school interview, well perhaps a tux would be a bit much LOL, but seriously, just look sharp. Personally, I would go with a jacket. I didn't wear a traditional suit but I did wear a sports suit with a black jacket, charcoal pants, deep red shirt, and a black print tie.

Every guy at my interview day had on a jacket but one. Motto is: Always better to be a tad bit overdressed than underdressed.

Good luck at your interview!

I only went to one interview (the other schools I applied to do did not require an interview) and all of the applicants- female and male- had suits on.

Members don't see this ad :)
Every interview that I have been to thus far felt like I was in a room with future CEOs and not DPTs, Lol. But seriously, everyone was dressed professionally in suits and ties. The same held true for the females. I say you should go the whole way and wear the suit.

Since your in Florida: bathing trunks, flip flops, and sunglasses will do.:)

I only went to one interview as well. All guys were wearing suits. Majority of the girls were wearing slacks and a nice shirt...but there were quite a few in suits as well.

Also...comfortable shoes!

I have to say, I'm looking forward to having to interview. I've always wanted to buy a suit. :D

girls wore suits? oh boy. i was just planning on wearing nice shoes, nice slacks and a nice button down shirt...i don't own a suit.

am i over-analyzing?

girls wore suits? oh boy. i was just planning on wearing nice shoes, nice slacks and a nice button down shirt...i don't own a suit.

am i over-analyzing?

I have been wondering the same thing. My best friend just started her DPT program this year and when she interviewed for it she wore a suit and she is my only reference regarding what to wear. I don't have a suit either but if that is the standard then I need to buy one in the next 3 weeks! :confused:

It's really a great investment. I wore black dress pants and a button down shirt with a collar from New York & Company. I didn't have a blazer so I went a bought one. I know some stores are real expensive but you could go to T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, and several other places like that. I actually bought mine from T.J. Maxx for $20 bucks I think.... it did the job. I got in. :)

Hey, I found this thread on here... I actually looked at it a little.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=548372&highlight=Interview+Clothing women

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=731757&highlight=Interview+Clothing
Men