What to write down during tutorial?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radioactive15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys write down on your scrap paper during your tutorial?

Which specific formulas and/or facts have you written down and/or consider worthwhile to write down?

If you don't mind, please list/name the equations and mnemonics that you wrote

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on writing the time allotted per passage. I've done it on every practice test and it gives me a sense of calm.

I wrote down a lot of physics and chemistry formulas.. honestly didn't use any of them. I think other than maybe doing what FutureD.O did, I would have been better off using the tutorial time to relax and clear my head before starting.

I plan on writing the time allotted per passage. I've done it on every practice test and it gives me a sense of calm.

Are you referring to the ~8.5, 10, and 12 minutes for the verbal section allotments?
Good idea, I might try that, too.

I wrote down a lot of physics and chemistry formulas.. honestly didn't use any of them. I think other than maybe doing what FutureD.O did, I would have been better off using the tutorial time to relax and clear my head before starting.

Do you remember the names of formulas you wrote down before starting- and if there was some formula(s) you wish you wrote down beforehand?
Clearing your head is something I plan to do the final 5 minutes of the tutorial, but want to spend the first 5 writing stuff down just in case.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you referring to the ~8.5, 10, and 12 minutes for the verbal section allotments?
Good idea, I might try that, too.

Do you remember the names of formulas you wrote down before starting- and if there was some formula(s) you wish you wrote down beforehand?
Clearing your head is something I plan to do the final 5 minutes of the tutorial, but want to spend the first 5 writing stuff down just in case.

I do 10 min per section for cars: 1:20 for P1, 1:10 for P2..etc

I also do 8 mins per for every other section, and 1 min per discrete (I do all discretes last)

This reminds me of my classmate who searched 2 weeks for a best smoothest pen available before course start. He used it only couple of times. LOL. Come on. I mean writing down formulas? If you already know them - how can you suddenly forget them during the test? It's like if I will write down names of all AA's - so how it's going to help me during the test? I'll spend more time moving my eyes from screen and looking for correct AA, rather than just recalling it from memory while reading question. Are we in high-school still? Do you even lift bro? :)

Last edited:
Im just gonna write down the big 5 kinetics equations relating a,d,v,vo,t, and probably some electrics equations that I cram right before walking in

This reminds me of my classmate who searched 2 weeks for a best smoothest pen available before course start. He used it only couple of times. LOL. Come on. I mean writing down formulas? If you already know them - how can you suddenly forget them during the test? It's like if I will write down names of all AA's - so how it's going to help me during the test? I'll spend more time moving my eyes from screen and looking for correct AA, rather than just recalling it from memory while reading question. Are we in high-school still? Do you even lift bro? :)

I guess some people might perform differently under pressure and so having some formulas written down is better than just blanking in the heat of the moment. I would much rather have it in my brain than on paper but it couldnt hurt I guess to have it on paper too.