What type of criticism is okay to write about on secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sallyhasanidea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
FIU has a question: Were you ever surprised by criticism you received? If so, what was the criticism and how did you respond to it?

I'm wondering what type of criticism people generally write about. I can only think of some examples of criticism that I probably wouldn't want to write on applications, some examples include:

1) eating sloppy - seems trivial
2) working too hard - don't want to seem like one of those perfectionist types
3) I weigh too much - I'm bulking so I'm larger than I used to be, I'm obese by BMI right now so I probably shouldn't include this either

Members don't see this ad.

If those are your only criticisms then you've either lived a very sheltered life and/or no one has ever been open and straight forward with you. I think if you really think about it, there's a better idea in there somewhere. This question is basically asking you to tell a story about self evaluation and improvement. The first two probably wouldn't even be read in their entirety by an adcom member. The third one might work if you spin it well enough, but like I said, I'm sure you'll find something better to write about.

Reactions: 1 user
If those are your only criticisms then you've either lived a very sheltered life and/or no one has ever been open and straight forward with you. I think if you really think about it, there's a better idea in there somewhere. This question is basically asking you to tell a story about self evaluation and improvement. The first two probably wouldn't even be read in their entirety by an adcom member. The third one might work if you spin it well enough, but like I said, I'm sure you'll find something better to write about.

I agree I've lived a very sheltered life and no one has been straight forward with me which is why I'm having trouble with this prompt, what would you write about in this situation?

got criticized that I make love like a demi-god so I responded by making love like a normal human

Reactions: 1 user