what was the most hurtful thing that ever happen to you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

truthis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
during your premed journey? and consequently makes you a stronger person?

I would say one of my family members sending me card literally written on top of it there was this "stupid you would never make it." however as someone said sometimes you just have to realize, not all your family members will support your every single decision in life. I have come to peace with it and I understood time will heal my wound and I will move on.

The second would be I got 102 points out of 104 total for my organic II class without "talking" to my professor. two days later had to withdraw myself because the school bully was flashing D card on my way to class. a little whimpy to withdraw, in retrospect, my reason to feel scared was all right. later on this person, who was in the same class with me, named "Zhong Ying" who claimed to be a nontrad, trapped someone else and disappeared from school.

Yet I'm more thankful I have had wonderful experience with the majority of my other family members, professors and advisers.

Members don't see this ad.

The second would be I got 102 points out of 104 total for my organic II class without "talking" to my professor. two days later had to withdraw myself because the school bully was flashing D card on my way to class. a little whimpy to withdraw, in retrospect, my reason to feel scare was all correct. later on this person, who was in the same class with me, named "Zhong Ying" who claimed to be a nontrad, trapped someone else and disappeared from school.

huh? Well I am glad you weren't attacked.

My dad always hints that medicine is way to stressful and to reconsider the path I want to take. While I understand his reasons and he is only looking out for the best in my future, it really makes me think too much about it. I think about it and realize this is what I want and his life is not mine. Takes a day or so but that's all I got.

-Matthew

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm happy for you.

huh? Well I am glad you weren't attacked.

My dad always hints that medicine is way to stressful and to reconsider the path I want to take. While I understand his reasons and he is only looking out for the best in my future, it really makes me think too much about it. I think about it and realize this is what I want and his life is not mine. Takes a day or so but that's all I got.

-Matthew

I'm sorry, what does the term "Flashing D card" mean?

I would say one of my family members sending me card literally written on top of it there was this "stupid you would never make it." however as someone said sometimes you just have to realize, not all your family members will support your every single decision in life. I have come to peace with it and I understood time will heal my wound and I will move on.

The second would be I got 102 points out of 104 total for my organic II class without "talking" to my professor. two days later had to withdraw myself because the school bully was flashing D card on my way to class. a little whimpy to withdraw, in retrospect, my reason to feel scared was all right. later on this person, who was in the same class with me, named "Zhong Ying" who claimed to be a nontrad, trapped someone else and disappeared from school.

Yet I'm more thankful I have had wonderful experience with the majority of my other family members, professors and advisers.

WTH is a "D card"? And why would you drop the class when you have 102/104?
..."school bully"? You're in college right?

Reactions: 1 user

I would say one of my family members sending me card literally written on top of it there was this "stupid you would never make it."
however as someone said sometimes you just have to realize, not all your family members will support your every single decision in life. I have come to peace with it and I understood time will heal my wound and I will move on.

That is so hurtful. I don't understand why anyone, especially a family member, would say such mean things to you. I'm happy that you didn't let it get you down. I have had too many moments where I thought to myself, "I'm too dumb for this crap" and subsequently hurt my own feelings haha. So I can't imagine how I would feel if a family member said that to me.

why would I? someone knows. "communication is the key"?

WTH is a "D card"? And why would you drop the class when you have 102/104?
..."school bully"? You're in college right?

Last edited:
I dont exactly know. I guess he's got his own frustration in life. everyone does... I understand.. I wish him good.

That is so hurtful. I don't understand why anyone, especially a family member, would say such mean things to you. I'm happy that you didn't let it get you down. I have had too many moments where I thought to myself, "I'm too dumb for this crap" and subsequently hurt my own feelings haha. So I can't imagine how I would feel if a family member said that to me.

I'm sorry but I have NO idea what any of that said. Do you mind rewording it?

is this trying to trap me to say"I'm sure you know it too clear"?

I have no grudge against any of the two people I mentioned, just wish the hurtful part of my journey will be over soon with the least efforts.

I'm sorry but I have NO idea what any of that said. Do you mind rewording it?

Members don't see this ad :)

wat

2cdya36.gif

Vacation to South Beach...she looked hot and doable, I was drunk and so were my friends, it was peer pressure...I didnt know and it really freaked me out...I'm never going back there...

I cant believe you admited you were drunk.

Vacation to South Beach...she looked hot and doable, I was drunk and so were my friends, it was peer pressure...I didnt know and it really freaked me out...I'm never going back there...

actually, what you could do to "this woman" like some low scumbag is tell her you want to rape her if she does not give in, see if she'll tell you to watch out for your children when they grow up coz people like you, and see if you'll chew her words correctly. be careful.
I've talked with children got raped by step fathers and it affects their life forever (in a negative way).

Truth is truthis trolling... or heavily foreign... or socially awkward.

OP which is it? Trifecta?

did you just learn this a couple days ago like I did?
they are MUCH different.
The most hurtful experience in my premedical history was learning that ass-to-grass squats are MUCH different from regular parallel squats.

Last edited:
actually, what you could do to "this woman" like some low scumbag is tell her you want to rape her if she does not give in, see if she'll tell you to watch out for your children when they grow up coz people like you, and see if you'll chew her words correctly. be careful.
I've talked with children got raped by step fathers and it affects their life forever (in a negative way).
You just chummed the water for mods bro.

This thread makes my brain itch. Although it could be fun if we all tried to guess OP's next post.

I'm happy at least it did something, scratching your brain will help on your circulation, and help you study your microbiology professor's notes in the library much better.

This thread makes my brain itch. Although it could be fun if we all tried to guess OP's next post.

I'm happy at least it did something, scratching your brain will help on your circulation, and help you study your microbiology professor's notes in the library much better.
fifty-wtf.gif

OP i don't understand you fully, but I know what you are saying. my parents are business owners and my mother is really into holistic care, acupuncture, yada yada, and weekly i tell them what i want to do. they seem to forget every week. my mom just started in on my wife trying to create a business for me to run so I don't have to go into medicine. i understand the thought, but it isn't what i want to do.

day of school, in class sitting next to girl. I try look at her but she see me, so I turn very fast and flash D card. Everybody laugh and she too. I left class very fast and withdraw. Probably a whimpy thing too, but my reason for withdraw is ok.

When outside and wait but there are bully making trouble, want to fight me. One fight and my mom got scared she said your moving in with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air. I whisted for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and had dice in the mirror if anything i could say that this cab was rare but i thought nah, forget it yo home to bel-air!

Reactions: 1 users
day of school, in class sitting next to girl. I try look at her but she see me, so I turn very fast and flash D card. Everybody laugh and she too. I left class very fast and withdraw. Probably a whimpy thing too, but my reason for withdraw is ok.

When outside and wait but there are bully making trouble, want to fight me. One fight and my mom got scared she said your moving in with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air. I whisted for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and had dice in the mirror if anything i could say that this cab was rare but i thought nah, forget it yo home to bel-air!
This is the worst Bel-air I've ever seen. I don't even.

Well, for me it was in an organic chemistry lecture assessment, which was a test of substitutions occuring both concerted and step-wise. She was sitting next to my arm rest and I got 101 of 103, like she did too.

I was convinced, but neither was the professor, who said that I didn't have a connection to the Force. Mediated by mitochlorian it was supposed, but I had to withdraw. This guy with a blaster in the hallway between flashed the D-card and it totally freaked me out. So I ended up on academic probation; wimpy, I know, but better than a double F.

Also, I totally kissed my sister. We didn't know we were related, but she totally told me that my EC's were not good enough for a top 25-school. That hurt.

man, I hate it when people claim to be nontrads then traps someone and disappeared with the D card.

Last edited:
good for you. go for what you want.

OP i don't understand you fully, but I know what you are saying. my parents are business owners and my mother is really into holistic care, acupuncture, yada yada, and weekly i tell them what i want to do. they seem to forget every week. my mom just started in on my wife trying to create a business for me to run so I don't have to go into medicine. i understand the thought, but it isn't what i want to do.

you would want to hate more if the trap is really set up by "the said nontrad", and the fact it really was a trap.

man, I hate it when people claim to be nontrads then traps someone and disappeared with the D card.

Status
Not open for further replies.