What will happen if you don't provide SSN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juan_521

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In AACOMAS, there is "personal info".

What will happen if you choose "Will not Provide"?

Members don't see this ad.

Weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Reactions: 1 users
Your app will be sent to Caribbean schools instead.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Auto accepted at LUCOM

Reactions: 4 users
No Social Security number means no background check which is required for matriculation by every school. It also means no financial aid, no hospital rotation, no residency, no state license. What are you hiding?

No Social Security number means no background check which is required for matriculation by every school. It also means no financial aid, no hospital rotation, no residency, no state license. What are you hiding?

You can do a background check on someone without SSN.

International students usually don't have SSN, at least not at the time of application, and still do hospital rotations. It's possible schools help them get SSN before 3rd year, I'm not sure

When someone states on a form that they "will not provide" an SSN (as opposed to, say, "applied for"), it generally means they're refusing to cooperate with SSN requirements.

When someone states on a form that they "will not provide" an SSN (as opposed to, say, "applied for"), it generally means they're refusing to cooperate with SSN requirements.

The problem is that there is no other option on AACOMAS for indicating that you do not have SSN

Also, it is possible someone would share their SSN with their school but not with a third party such as AACOMAS

Reactions: 1 user
I do have a SSN. I thought AACOMAS would be like AMCAS (AMCAS did not ask for SSN), only provide SSN to the specific school that contracts you directly.

I thought only the schools send me a secondary will ask for SSN.