What Would You Do if You Don't Get Accept?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itz9001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, it will probably happen to some of us and I am worried about it myswelf, but I think that one can still at least work in something at least related to pharmaceuticals in these six following fields:

Phamaceutical Sciences (Medical Chemistry, Pharmacology, etc.)
Pharmocoeconomics
Biomedical Engineering
Pharmaceutical Management
Health and Pharmaceutical Law
Pharmaceutical Journalism

So yeah, it's not all bad if you don't get accepted, amirite? Maybe some of you can contribute to this thread, because I must say that I am curious about how much you can do related to pharmacy without an actual PharmD myself...

Members don't see this ad.

Not really. PhD, PharmD/MBA, PharmD/JD aren't quite backups. Pharmacy without PharmD = technician.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would retry. I would reflect on what I need to improve for the next application cycle and commit to it. Perhaps spend more time volunteering at a hospital etc.

If I am still not accepted, then perhaps I'm not meant to be a pharmacist. There's other satisfying jobs out there that we may not have heard of, probably because our eyes are so focused on the health field.

Some people view not getting accepted into any school like it's the apocalypse. You're just spending another year improving your chances, and a year passes by extremely quickly.

Not really. PhD, PharmD/MBA, PharmD/JD aren't quite backups. Pharmacy without PharmD = technician.

Yeah, but who would really consider spending thair lives recieving lousy pay as a pharmacy technician when they can brush themselves off and work for (or in the case of attorneys knowledgable in pharmaceutical law, sometimes against) Big Pharma?

i love pharmacy, so i'll stick with pharmacy career. if that happens, then i will try to improve the application to look better than the previous. but for now, just don't think about it, try to focus on what you can do to get accept this year like get volunteer credits, pharm experiences... next year is completely a different story.
so good luck.

Well, as for me, I think that a career related to pharmaceuticals would be very interesting in case I don't make it pharmacy school during my undergraduate years. I knew that some of you would disagree with me, though :/... But yeah, I also made this thread as sort of a way to get some help thinking up of said careers related to pharmaceuticals, though I've already came up with two more possible careers within the field:

Health Informatics
Substance Abuse Counselor

So yeah, do you guys have any more careers you'd like to toss out?

Med school is always a backup option, if you're willing to settle.

How about CLS, Radiological Technologist, or Respiratory Therapist?

Keeps you in the health field and receiving decent pay...

If you just have to work with pharmaceuticals, then the list you have is pretty damn inclusive IMO.

To answer the question, if I hadn't gotten in I would've applied next year.

If I don't get accepted the 3rd time and I really put in improvements in my app in volunteering and even re-take class and got a better grade I'd feel that maybe Pharmacy isn't my thing. So 3rd time would be my breaking point.

I would retry. I would reflect on what I need to improve for the next application cycle and commit to it.

Yep. I would talk to someone in admissions at my first choice and see where I went wrong. If it is fixable within a decent amount of time, I would try again. If it is something that would require 3-4 years, I have no idea. This is plan A, B and C. I don't have a back-up at this point.

I hope that doesnt happen =(

Biomedical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Chemistry
Biochemistry

Are all routes recommended by me from colleagues and professors. But Im set on pharmacy, I did not get in last semester, but this time for sure! Or reapply again!