what's going on?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

realysa

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
to all the well informed:

i interviewed at temple and stony brook in oct-nov. as yet, i haven't heard one peep from either school. i called stony brook and they said my app is still being looked at. for temple, i emailed mark lombard, but as of yet no reply.

does anyone know what this means? i guess my app is being pushed aside until the bitter end. at this point, i wouldn't mind getting a rejection letter as acknowledgement of my existence.

i forgot to say also that i applied to boston and i haven't gotten a letter except for the one asking for the $75 app fee in sept.

please fill me in with some of your theories.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

That is wierd usually Mark replies the same day, or a day or two later. I would try to call him instead.

Boston's app fee is $60, not $75...I think they are trying to make some extra bucks (no surprise here).

Good luck,

DesiDentist

i interviewed at stony brook in Oct...
haven't heard anything from them either.
maybe they want to pick applicants who really want to attend SB.
(perhaps because of their extremely small class size)
i dunno...

Members don't see this ad :)
Still i havent heard from many of my schools either...

BU has my file "in review" since November... no word yet, except request for $$

Tufts has NOT even looked at my application yet, though the check has been cashed!!! i wonder how they select whom to look at first...

i guess the expression of "hang in there" perfectly applies to this situation...

Comet...

hey guys,

I still havent heard anything from Tufts either and my app was sent in early october. As for BU, they were one of the first schools to offer me an interview (Novemeber). You guys should call BU and ask them what the cause of the delay is. Usually the delay comes after the interview, but if you still havent heard about being invited to one, they may be missing some of your information. I just interviewed at temple last week and i'm hoping i don't have to wait 3 months for a response like you realysa.
Anyways, good luck.

I had my BU interview on 11/23 without paying the secondary fee. When infosource started on 12/15, I saw BU put "offer made", I didn't even call the school then. They sent me a letter later saying that they haven't received my check. So, I sent them the check, and 3 days later I received my acceptance letter (12/22). The letter dated 12/20.
Temple has also been kind to me. I interviewed right before thanksgiving, and Mark always replies to me in a few hours.

May be check your mail filter then?

Best
Tinker Bell-TEMPLE DENTAL 007:cool: