Whats specialty do dudes dig the most?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorDrewOutsidetheLines

Pink Panther & Hope Diamond
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing psychiatry.

Members don't see this ad.

Peds.

Or nursing.

Reactions: 4 users
Neurosurgery.

There's just something sexy about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, I care way more about appearance and interests than occupation.

Peds.

Or nursing.

By the way, you guys are aware that I'm joking, right? I could not possibly care less if dudes think my specialty is sexy.

Reactions: 3 users
I want a partner I can be proud of and who challenges me intellectually. My SO is going to PT school and she's really one of the most brilliant people I've ever met.

Clever, calculating and resilient ... sexy AF.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm guessing anything that doesn't outshine their specialty...

I kid, I kid :hardy:

But on a serious note, I'm going to guess Derm or something very A-type like Surgery or EM?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I prefer women that won't **** with my head.
If movie tropes are to be believed, you're seeking a mythical creature :p
Like her? :p
image.jpeg

Admin. So she can put on a strap on and F me in the A when I get out of line...
Admin's already going to do that, no sense in wining and dining them for the honor.

Reactions: 1 users
Literally the worst girlfriend ever.
"Were you looking at that girl?"
"Why do you even bother asking and pretending like you don't know, Jean, you damn well know I was looking at her."
I'd be happy with Jean, but only because I'm also telepathic. Otherwise, as you pointed out, it'd be a total disaster :laugh:

Honestly, I care way more about appearance and interests than occupation.

This. More about interests than appearance too. Personality big one too. Not how much money she makes, or what she does for a living. (as long as its an honest, ethical profession)

They say the way to a mans heart is through his stomach so im going all in on GI Surgeon

Reactions: 10 users
By the way, you guys are aware that I'm joking, right? I could not possibly care less if dudes think my specialty is sexy.

Wow look at you such a strong awesome woman who don't need no man you're amazing

Wow look at you such a strong awesome woman who don't need no man you're amazing

Well, I can think of at least one man who I wish would just leave me alone.

Reactions: 15 users
Specialty? Crab soup or General Tso's Chicken

Don't flatter yourself sweetheart.
Oh leave off and let this fun thread continue being fun.

Seriously, why did you feel compelled to hop in and start being a jerk when nobody was disagreeing about anything or insulting anyone?

Reactions: 11 users
As a dude myself, I could see myself being into a male ortho surgeon. This is based on extreme stereotyping. I have a thing for smart bros.

Last edited:
Derm. Last place, psychiatry. I would rather a potential mate attending a caribbean school, becoming a lawyer, dentist, nurse, garbage collector, etc before I ever got involved with a woman in psychiatry.

Man, psych has a bad rep. One of the nicest ladies I've even met in my life was a clinical psychologist. They're just people.

Oh leave off and let this fun thread continue being fun.

Seriously, why did you feel compelled to hop in and start being a jerk when nobody was disagreeing about anything or insulting anyone?

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that Psai is one of the most condescending, instigating regular posters on SDN? :)

"I dominated Step 1 Son" - Psai. Just one of the many unnecessary things he posts.

Urology. You want someone who knows what they are doing.

I would posit that at least half of all men would have no interest in a woman so keenly aware of what "average" really looks like.

Reactions: 2 users
Urology. They know how to poke the right "buttons"... : D

I know Urology as a joke...funny, I get it...but seeing as erotic stimulation of patients is kinda frowned upon, I doubt they get much 'on the job training'.

Plus they are judging your junk against the junk of like 15 other guys a day.

In general, I don't care about a potential mate's occupation. It's not even in the equation.

I know Urology as a joke...funny, I get it...but seeing as erotic stimulation of patients is kinda frowned upon, I doubt they get much 'on the job training'.

Plus they are judging your junk against the junk of like 15 other guys a day.
It's a sad joke really . . . when physical intimacy becomes a clinical, almost mechanical act. I wouldn't say that problem is reserved for only urologists. I think it's applicable for any specialty...

For me, any surgical specialty. They are usually confident, funny, and interesting

Derm. Last place, psychiatry. I would rather a potential mate attending a caribbean school, becoming a lawyer, dentist, nurse, garbage collector, etc before I ever got involved with a woman in psychiatry.

As a potential future psychiatrist, I'm laughing... but at the same time, I'm curious why you (and probably many others, since I expected to see this answer) think that women in this specialty are SOOO unappealing. I've worked with a lot of psychiatrists and psychiatry residents and most of them are really nice and interesting people, and on average, I don't think they're less physically attractive than physicians in other specialties. Is it due to the assumption that a lot of people in psychiatry are weirdos? Anyone else care to weigh in?

As a potential future psychiatrist, I'm laughing... but at the same time, I'm curious why you (and probably many others, since I expected to see this answer) think that women in this specialty are SOOO unappealing. I've worked with a lot of psychiatrists and psychiatry residents and most of them are really nice and interesting people, and on average, I don't think they're less physically attractive than physicians in other specialties. Is it due to the assumption that a lot of people in psychiatry are weirdos? Anyone else care to weigh in?
My knee-jerk reaction is that it has little to do with them being woman psychiatrists...I'd react the same with a guy. I think it has less to do with concerns about the personality or appearance of the person so much as how they would view your emotions and personality.

Last edited:
My knee-jerk reaction is that it has little to do with them being woman psychiatrists...I'd react the same with a guy. I think it has less to do with concerns about the personality or appearance of the person so much as how they would view your emotions and personality.

pretty much this

To clarify, I mean that what may act as necessary objectivity professionally could come across as being dismissive or condescending towards someone's feelings in a relationship. Now, would hope that just as a urologist interacts with genitalia differently in romantic vs professional contexts, psychiatrists would similarly respond differently to emotion in the two settings...but the very nature of OP's question forces us to pretend/assume that such separation is incomplete.