What's the best use for Kaplan Q-bank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raigon

This is an emergency.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I bought it - and I don't know where to start? For which subject is the qbank most worth?

Physics, chemistry, biology, organic chemistry, or verbal reasoning? For those of you who purchased it and found it useful, let me know what you guys think.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't use the QBank much, per se, but I did take a Kaplan course; I found that Kaplan was best for PS (gen chem, physics), good for BS (orgo, bio), and poor for VR. I assume the same trend follows for QBank.

Kaplan PS questions were much harder than any on the AAMC practice tests, but that was a good thing because it made the AAMC questions that much easier.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with all that has been mentioned.

I think the best method for the QBank is to do it under tutor mode, check all the boxes except for verbal and do it at whatever pace you feel like (as tutor mode means its untimed and you can leave and come back to it). It's like flashcards but much, much better. Make sure you do both passages and discretes though.

My experiences with the QBank is that all the sciences are good. I wouldn't touch verbal however.

People are saying bad things about Kaplan's verbal, but I'm curious - what's so bad about it? Is it too easy or too hard? Or is it too different from the MCAT?

Well I'll definitely check out the science section - and yeah tutor mode. Timed will make me freak out. I already took a few of their biology passages. Scared the crap out of me, scoring lower than I usually score - heck biology's my best subject and I lost confidence passage by passage. That's saying something =/

I have heard QBank is notoriously difficult. Anyone know how it compares to FL exam passages or the topical tests (harder/easier)?

Not that I'll ever know... I take the MCAT 8/22! With all the resources (quizzes, topical tests, subject tests, section tests, FL exams) required/recommended in the syllabus I didn't get the chance to check out or use the QBank online that came with it.

Which I didn't even know we had access to by the way until I randomly found it in my syllabus about a month ago- was this the case for anyone else too?