What's the difference in do and md

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Um my parents taught me to double check my facts before I make an action that's all I tried doing and that's why I came here and ive already apologized for that. Plus, I can assure you my parents taught me more in manner then your parents might have.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry... I caused a firestorm....

Um my parents taught me to double check my facts before I make an action that's all I tried doing and that's why I came here and ive already apologized for that. Plus, I can assure you my parents taught me more in manner then your parents might have.

You can x1000 check using the internet. That's what it is for.

@WesternRedCedar Back out of this... I don't want you to get in trouble.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok seriously I already explained why I came here. As I said I've heard others talk about the differences of an MD and DO and what I found online wasn't associated with what they said. Therefore I came here to make sure

Ok seriously I already explained why I came here. As I said I've heard others talk about the differences of an MD and DO and what I found online wasn't associated with what they said. Therefore I came here to make sure
If you want to do a good site search, do not use SDN's integrated search functionality, the algorithms are quite old and suck quite badly. Instead, go to google and type "difference between MD and DO site:studentdoctor.net" and you'll get some better answers. Adding site:studentdoctor.net restricts your search to only this website, and allows you to use google's multibillion dollar search protocols.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=difference+between+MD+and+DO+site:studentdoctor.net

Reactions: 1 user
There is nothing wrong with asking a common question even if it has been repeated an abominable amount of times. I've already got my answer and that's all it should have ended right then and there. No one needs you pest like, naive comments if it only insults others.

I think you gave some people on here the wrong impression and the rest just bandwagoned on the bash train. People on this forum are generally very helpful and give great advice. You must be new to SDN so you don't know how many times people ask the same question you did, but no worries, you had a genuine question and some of us don't mind helping you out. If you have any specific questions you can pm me, i'll try to help you out as best as I can.

If you want to do a good site search, do not use SDN's integrated search functionality, the algorithms are quite old and suck quite badly. Instead, go to google and type "difference between MD and DO site:studentdoctor.net" and you'll get some better answers. Adding site:studentdoctor.net restricts your search to only this website, and allows you to use google's multibillion dollar search protocols.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=difference+between+MD+and+DO+site:studentdoctor.net

This would never have happened if we were in Europe man..

I think you gave some people on here the wrong impression and the rest just bandwagoned on the bash train. People on this forum are generally very helpful and give great advice. You must be new to SDN so you don't know how many times people ask the same question you did, but no worries, you had a genuine question and some of us don't mind helping you out. If you have any specific questions you can pm me, i'll try to help you out as best as I can.
Thank you very much :) unlike some people. Its people like you I look forward to when I have questions and yes I am new to sdn

There is nothing wrong with asking a common question even if it has been repeated an abominable amount of times. I've already got my answer and that's all it should have ended right then and there. No one needs you pest like, naive comments if it only insults others.
tumblr_m1powhRVdz1rqnp16o1_r1_500.gif

Reactions: 1 user
OP, learn how to communicate properly. I mean this on every level imaginable.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you very much :) unlike some people. Its people like you I look forward to when I have questions and yes I am new to sdn

No problem, I'm sure many of us would have done the same thing. I just sent you a PM, hope it helps.

What questions do you have specifically? I am more than willing to help you out if you ask specific questions. Treat it like a research paper. Go read wikipedia... maybe an osteopathic medical website or two (AOA, PCOM, etc) and then ask no more than 5 questions which will require discrete answers.

THP: There is minimal difference between MDs and DOs. I am presently in a deployed location and I can tell you that I frequently have to ASK whether a doctor is a MD or a DO, because the practice of both is typically identical in clinical approach and treatment plan. The standard of care remains the same between the two doctorates.

Only rarely is the difference in practice appreciable... for instance, when a patient presents with an acute sprain or strain, and I spitball manipulation treatments -- the MDs look at me either like I've lost credibility OR that they are jealous that they can't do it (not lying...). I still give NSAIDS, ice/heat, and +/- muscle relaxant (more - as the literature isn't there...) and likely refer to physical therapy if injury is acute-on-chronic.

Either way, I won't be doing much manipulation when I start my anesthesia residency in one yr after my indentured servitude to Uncle Sam ends :)

Last edited: