What's wrong??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qkrdpsk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone~

So I'm working on my application and so far I've had two letters of evaluation/recommendation submitted. For one of the letters, I received an email from ADEA stating the letter was successfully received and the status of the letter is "complete" on my application. However, the second letter is still "in progress". I don't understand what's taking so long with the second letter because the first letter took only a day or two.

Should I be concerned? Or does it normally take a while? Can I contact ADEA about this? I'm freaking outttttt and getting so nervous. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

relax. things take time.

Reactions: 1 user
Nope its normal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Omg thanks guys.. I'm so nervous being a first applicant and all lol

Omg thanks guys.. I'm so nervous being a first applicant and all lol
I actually had the same issue. Its actually not normal. The evaluator probably didn't notice a small arrow at the end of the letter which is actually the submit button (that's what my evaluator told me, when he said he submitted but addsas had it as in progress); I would recommend contacting your evaluator and double check that they did not forget to submit.

I actually had the same issue. Its actually not normal. The evaluator probably didn't notice a small arrow at the end of the letter which is actually the submit button (that's what my evaluator told me, when he said he submitted but addsas had it as in progress); I would recommend contacting your evaluator and double check that they did not forget to submit.
Thank you. I contacted him yesterday cuz I was freaking out lol and told him that the status of the letter was still in progress and he double checked for me. Looks like he didn't submit it properly (idk what the issue was), but I received an email this morning saying the letter was successfully submitted and now the status is "complete" on my app! I was worried because i received a confirmation email for another letter on the same day the evaluator had submitted it but this one was taking forever!

Last edited:
On the other hand, transcripts take a while to be processed right? I requested my school to send out my transcripts on June 3rd and I still don't see it on my app.

On the other hand, transcripts take a while to be processed right? I requested my school to send out my transcripts on June 3rd and I still don't see it on my app.
No problem, glad to help. And yea transcripts take roughly 2-4 weeks but supposedly theyr processing pretty quick at this time.

No problem, glad to help. And yea transcripts take roughly 2-4 weeks but supposedly theyr processing pretty quick at this time.
It's been ~3 weeks now. Should I contact my school and make sure they sent it? Or do I contact ADEA directly

It's been ~3 weeks now. Should I contact my school and make sure they sent it? Or do I contact ADEA directly
Well if you think the school might have delayed it (which is most prob unlikely) then yea contact them to assure they've sent it out. And I think AADsas posts on the portal when they receive it, they just need time to confirm grades etc.