What's your Dream School??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kpowell14

Mizzou c/o 2017
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A place for everyone to shamelessly talk about what Vet school they drool over.

So which one is it for you ? Care to tell us why ?

Members don't see this ad.

I guess I'll start since no one is taking the bait .. :laugh:

As a hopeful class of 2017er , I only applied to two schools, my IS- TN and Missouri...

My Dream school is by far MISSOURI !!

- the 2+2 curriculum with elective clinical rotations that fit my interests sold me :D
- a newly SEC school :thumbup:
- I'm currently a Tiger in undergrad, and they are Tigers too... I hope that it was meant to be :rolleyes: :love:
- 100% NAVLE pass rate since 2009

I'm in :love: with Mizzou :D :love:

Florida for me. :) Born and raised in Gainesville - plus their curriculum style, the people, the facilities, everything is seems to be a perfect match for my future plans and learning style. If I wasn't so attached to Gainesville, I'd happily say any school would be my dream school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Florida for me. :) Born and raised in Gainesville - plus their curriculum style, the people, the facilities, everything is seems to be a perfect match for my future plans and learning style. If I wasn't so attached to Gainesville, I'd happily say any school would be my dream school.

I like their curriculum as well! But 50% GRE in their admissions equation is a little too much for me!! It's only 4% at Mizzou, Thank Goodness!!!

Hawaii..

As soon as someone builds a school there I am transferring.

It's so pretty there! I wouldn't get anything done!

:lol:

I suggest waiting until the AVMA accredits them first.

Good thinking lol :D

I like their curriculum as well! But 50% GRE in their admissions equation is a little too much for me!! It's only 4% at Mizzou, Thank Goodness!!!

Dude. I should have applied to UF.

In all seriousness, I don't have a dream school any more, but KSU with the prospect of the new Biodefense lab was pretty darn close when I went to interview. UofMN isn't bad either, being so close to home/comfort zone.

I think I'd have to say my dream school is Illinois. I won't end up there because it's the most expensive one that I applied to, but I really like their program. Plus I actually might have a chance of going into zoo med if I went there. LOVE their relationship with the Brookfield Zoo.

Tufts and Edinburgh for me. Although the others I applied to have their own great qualities too.

My horses' current veterinarian graduated from Tufts and definitely knows her medicine. The staff are always friendly and the students seem genuinely happy to be there (I've spoken with multiple about their experiences). The facilities are topnotch and I like that you do not have to track. Wildlife clinic is a definite plus too!

Edinburgh has brand new facilities, it's close to the city I love, and I could do an additional Masters degree in Microbiology in just one year! Also Pony Trekking Club.

My dream school is any one that will take me.

Really though I'd love to go to Cornell. I went there for undergrad and I miss it. I took a couple of courses at the vet school and loved them. I'm pretty sure I'd suck at PBL though. I'd also like to go to Ohio. A couple of my good friends from college are first years there now.

Mine is Mizzou as well. I love the 2+2, the 100% pass rate, and its also the cheapest of the schools that I applied to which is important.

However, I'm not sure if I want to be quite that far away from my family and friends, and anytime I start talking about how excited I am for the interview, they make sure they remind me about how far away Missouri is. So, if I get in there and other schools :xf: its definitely going to be a hard decision. I think I would also be happy at any of the schools that I applied to though as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are lots of reasons I love KSU--the opportunity to shadow in the hospital from the beginning, no tracking, really nice people, being 45 minutes from my grandmother's house.

Then again, there were lots of things I liked at CSU and UTK when I was there, too. I think I could be happy at any of the places I applied. Now one just needs to let me in! :)

UTK is my #2 :D

Mine is Mizzou as well. I love the 2+2, the 100% pass rate, and its also the cheapest of the schools that I applied to which is important.

However, I'm not sure if I want to be quite that far away from my family and friends, and anytime I start talking about how excited I am for the interview, they make sure they remind me about how far away Missouri is. So, if I get in there and other schools :xf: its definitely going to be a hard decision. I think I would also be happy at any of the schools that I applied to though as well.

How far away is it? .. Columbia is about 7 hrs away from me.. Not too bad.

Whichever school gives you the most time for elective rotations while your on clinics.

NC state...its 1.5 hrs away from "home" (im from Greensboro, NC), you can get IS tuition afterfirst year, & there zoo med program is amazing. I would literally give a kidney to go to NC State...

NC state...its 1.5 hrs away from "home" (im from Greensboro, NC), you can get IS tuition afterfirst year, & there zoo med program is amazing. I would literally give a kidney to go to NC State...

Bahaha :laugh: hopefully it doesn't come to that ;)

How far away is it? .. Columbia is about 7 hrs away from me.. Not too bad.

I'm from around Pittsburgh; so, its about 12 hours. My family is definitely pulling for Ohio if I get in there. :laugh:

That's called being a public-corporate tracker at VMRCVM :thumbup:

At OSU its called being an Individual CAE(career area of emphasis). The difference being having 6 weeks of elective time if you pick one of the normal tracks versus 6 months of elective time with an individualized CAE.

That's called being a public-corporate tracker at VMRCVM :thumbup:

At OSU its called being an Individual CAE(career area of emphasis). The difference being having 6 weeks of elective time if you pick one of the normal tracks versus 6 months of elective time with an individualized CAE.

Thank you both for the valuable info!!

Davis Davis Davis!!!!! My instate!! =)

If we're talking dream school, then mine would be CSU. I've always wanted to go there. I plan to live in Colorado at some point in my life. I visited when I was 6 and fell in love. However, I'm realistic about my chances so I didn't apply. Soooo... My dream school of the ones I applied to would probably be UF or Tufts :love:

I'll take anything I can get.

If we're talking dream school, then mine would be CSU. I've always wanted to go there. I plan to live in Colorado at some point in my life. I visited when I was 6 and fell in love. However, I'm realistic about my chances so I didn't apply. Soooo... My dream school of the ones I applied to would probably be UF or Tufts :love:

I'll take anything I can get.

Be honest, it is only your dream school since the election in november!

Can we disregard tuition? Considering tuition, Auburn is hands-down my dream school because I get in-state. I mean there's a lot of other reasons as well--I really liked the campus and people there.

But if I could get a free ride anywhere, I'd go to Australia! I haven't even looked at the schools there because I know they're so much more expensive than IS. I'm interested in practicing internationally anyway, so I figure I should wait to go until I'm GETTING paid for it, not PAYING for it.

But seriously. I spent my whole undergraduate career studying zoology and field biology. I would have a conniption fit if I got to go spend 4 years in Australia.

I know there are more hopeful c/o 2017ers than this!!!! No one feel like sharing their dream school?

Davis! My IS and I wanted to go there so bad for UG, but ended up in Texas instead. Oh well, now I will be able to look forward to vet school even more! :p and being a bit closer to home.

Davis! My IS and I wanted to go there so bad for UG, but ended up in Texas instead. Oh well, now I will be able to look forward to vet school even more! :p and being a bit closer to home.

There ain't nothing wrong with Texas. ;)

Though I absolutely love TAMU, my dream school is Australia. Studying in the outback...what could be better?

Any place without those dang swimming spiders. :p

Oregon :love: I've had a slightly irrational love for the school and town since I took a trip to the northwest after my freshman year. We stopped by the school and drove through the town for maybe 45 minutes, I swear it was love at first sight :rolleyes: I went on a tour in the spring and stayed in Corvallis for a couple days and loved it even more. I love the small class size, town, proximity to the coast, and it's relatively close to home. It is pretty expensive for OOS though, so unless it was the only school I got into I might not be able to go :( WSU is probably my realistic "dream" school since I would do the Utah program, get IS and be an hour and a half away from home. Plus, I know the area and have already found a super cheap place I could rent by myself.

PetPony, swimming spiders sound horrendously awful! I'm pretty sure I would flip out if I ever came across one :scared:

There ain't nothing wrong with Texas. ;)

Though I absolutely love TAMU, my dream school is Australia. Studying in the outback...what could be better?

I'm going to visit TAMU in January ;)

Davis! If I don't get in this round, I'll just keep applying till I do.
I love the school and the town too! I'm living in Davis now, and I love the downtown so much - it reminds me of where I lived when I was really young. My mom actually came to visit here for Thanksgiving, and says the town is pretty much the same as when she was taking some classes here in the 70's :laugh:

Florida obviously because i'm from South Florida and love it, I couldn't dream of living anywhere else.......Maybe Ohio...I am a Buckeye fan !!!:laugh:

Cornell would've been amazing for me. 1.5 hours from home, and a great reputation. In state tuition too. I kind of have a love-hate relationship with them though. There is no way in hell I would ever have gotten in lol!

UPenn! Because I love their facilities and it's in a city. Also, it's close to home = close to my cat (who is soon turning 16!!!). I doubt I have a chance there though :(

Ill love whichever school decides to take a chance on me :)

NCSU or Tufts! NCSU is really tipping the scale right now- I can't get over their zoo med program :thumbup:

UF is looking better and better, though...

Ill love whichever school decides to take a chance on me :)

This. :thumbup:

Tufts has really been my dream school but I doubt I could get in. At this point, I'll take anyone who will take me!

I didn't want to post in here for fear I'd jinx myself, but now that I've gotten the acceptance, I can completely say that the Royal Veterinary College has been my dream school since about 9th grade in high school. The simple idea of studying/living my life abroad for four years, with all of Europe around me to explore, along with the program offered by the RVC that is much more interactive, especially in the earlier years, than many US schools, has made me fall in love with it. I am so excited for these next four years. :)

It would be Wisconsin for me. I adore the people up there, the city is easy to navigate, the facilities and staff are amazing, and the lakes are gorgeous!!!!! Plus, I would like to get into ice hockey if I get accepted. :)

So many lurkers have come from the shadows this week :love: . I'd love to see what everyone's dreams schools are! :D

OOOOk-lahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain. :love:

That and Kansas. Kind of a toss up.

I have 4 years to change my mind, though. :laugh:

So I'm not the one regular that's fastest away from applying. :laugh: I always feel like I'm the only one not applying. But next year is my chance!

I really love UGA and would love to stay here. That'd be awesome.

But also Edinburgh. If they give me European tuition, it's a no brainier. Of I'd go to Scotland.

:laugh: Yup! You all with be graduated by the time I start Vet School.