What's your TOP choice school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KDocGirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if there's a thread on this already. But I thought it might be nice to have some WISHFUL :D thinking about med school. What's everyone's #1 choice? And, did you get in or not yet? (But please refrain from dissing any other schools. This is not a rivalry.) ;)

Members don't see this ad.

My top choice school is CCOM because I'm from the Chicagoland area. My interview is scheduled for October 18th, this Thursday.

TOURO. Sean.

Members don't see this ad :)
TOURO and Western COMP cause I'm originally from California.

CCOM, also from Chicago.

Hey Wasabi,
im interviewing at ccom on the 19th... lemme know how it goes for you... good luck!

kcom. it's the only school i applied to.

Hi Cali Girl
you may have noticed I was not at the TUCOM interview. I decided that I didn't want to do anymore traveling and AZCOM is a-okay with me. So AZCOM is my first choice! I am interviewing at my state allopathic school next wed because it is $18,000 less a year that AZCOM. So LSU - New Orleans is my wallet's first choice.

CCOM I am from Chicago too :)

My first choice was UNECOM, but after attending the interview... after four interviews my first choice is definitely NOVA.

Sugar- I am thinking about cancelling my TUCOM interview...what did you do about the plane ticket, that's the only thing holding me back. :)

I am interviewing at COMP and AZCOM both in the two weeks. Right now COMP has the edge, but I will have a better idea after visiting. Ultimately my first choice is the school that accepts....Oh please god keep my foot out of my mouth during the interview. :D

Sport- I interviewed at AZCOM and they were very nice and tried to get you to relax during the interview day. They even try to get you to relax during the interview... I got accepted about a week ago, and except for the weather (very very hot) I would love to go there. They have a great program and you'll get to meet some great students. Best of luck at both places, and I know it's hard but just try to relax and be the best version of yourself. You'll do just fine! :D

PalCareGirl~ What about the UNECOM interview changed your mind?

Members don't see this ad :)
Harvard...oh ok, just kidding! Difficult to say as I haven't visited but on paper it's either Tuoro or CCOM ;)

er I mean Touro or CCOM...I guess if I want to go to Touro I better learn to spell it right!

Qi Whiz, I was disappointed in the school itself. We sat around with three first year students all day... no real presentation about the school - it was almost as if they (the school administration) didn't care if we attended. On all of my other interviews, we were "sold" the school as well as us trying to sell ourselves. I just felt that it was poorly organized and I was disappointed to have to get ALL of the information from students and my interviewers. There was no official representative of the school there. I guess that's the main reason if it makes sense. I was just hoping for more overall. :(

Mine's 1)UMDNJ-SOM, 2) NYCOM/Umich, 3)PCOM, 4)UNECOM, 5)LECOM
Considering budget, quality of education, academic atmosphere, specialty opportunity and location.

It's a toss up b/w UMDNJ & NOVA... I'm from Jersey but I wouldn't mind living in Florida! I hate snow :p !

Liz,
What school are you talking about (that you were disappointed at)? NOVA is on the top of my list also. I am wondering when will hear anything from them. Also I will not be going to my Touro interview (I will email you about that) but I promise to send (mail) your book to you :D (I did not forget).
Gator

Palcaregrl - i ate my ticket and mmmm was it delicious. It was a cheap ticket to begin with. I ended up spending so much more money at the AZCOM interview than I had anticipated. So instead of spending $200 - $300 more on hotel, shuttle, and food I cut my losses. I knew the money I spent on my MBA would pay off someday!

Cali girl - How was Touro? Try not to make it sound too good!!

Gator, I was talking about UNECOM. Man, you're not going to TUCOM either? Now I'm just not sure.... I could "eat" $100 that I would use to change the ticket... I'm just so sick of traveling. I'm still thinking about it, but now that you're not going... I'll let you know.

Sugar, thanks for the info, I was thinking the same thing but I'm so broke right now I can't see wasting the money, but I was thinking about how expensive hotel, shuttle, etc... was going to be.

Gator - email me!! I'm still waiting day by day to hear from NOVA, once I'm in, I'm pretty sure that's where I want to go. Let me know when you hear! :D

sugar72-i changed the name for fun so in case you were wondering :) as for touro, the interview had a different feel than i was used to. everyone was really nice, esp. the admissions director. i found out some new things that i didn't know before: they have block exams instead of weekly, give out letter grades, only have a few bldgs right now, but they have plans for more. i liked that they were affiliated with many different hospitals esp. on the west coast. at first, i thought my decision would be pretty easy, but now that i've interviewed around, i am having a hard time deciding. they all have their unique points. are you set on azcom?

Right now I'm torn on COMP and NOVA. Then again PCOM is Thursday and a friend of mine (grad of PCOM) told me I'd be "wowed" by their program...

So I'm looking at NOVA, COMP, & PCOM as tops..

BTW, anyone tired of interviewing yet? For how dumb that sounds, I'm beat. Flying here and there.. prepping.. interviewing.. then again, who am I kidding? I'll do this ever opportunity I get... :D

-A

Amra, I hear ya- I think we're all getting a little tired of traveling, although it has been a great experience. :)

Gator- Email me girl! I'm cancelling today, I talked to Johnny last night, he just got back and he said it was okay, but... not worth it to travel if I didn't want to (we've felt the same about all of the schools so far). I feel bad because I wanted to go to Cali (never been) but I just can't stand the thought of another flight and I'm hoping to get that letter from Nova ANY day now (please please please). So, let me know what your scoop is. :D

PalG: I have misplaced my email list (but I am going to find it). I am about to send you a private email. I am heading out to CCOM today so I will let you know what is going when I come back!!

Gator :cool:

CCOM is my top. Happy students, nice campus/facilities, rotations in some of the best hospitals in Chicago, good rep--shows in impressive (to me) match list for last year, opportunity to make good connections for internship/residencies, quality curriculum (97% boards passrate).

Why-o-why-o-why-o-why-o-why does PCOM have to have such a strong program? I interviewed there today and makes decisions so much harder..... :confused: :confused:

-A