when are interviews usually held?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ovega03

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im going out of the country this summer and was wondering when dental schools usually give their interviews? any specific months that the majority of interviews are held in? or are they pretty random?

Members don't see this ad.

ovega03 said:
im going out of the country this summer and was wondering when dental schools usually give their interviews? any specific months that the majority of interviews are held in? or are they pretty random?

If you are just going for the summer you should be fine. Many schools start interviewing in september. Some schools may start in August, but none that I'm aware of.

whiskeysour said:
If you are just going for the summer you should be fine. Many schools start interviewing in september. Some schools may start in August, but none that I'm aware of.

i think i heard Case starts in august, but the majority start in september.

Members don't see this ad :)
ovega03 said:

Interview usually start in September, very few schools start late August and it continues upto at least February. So try to be back before the end of August. Remember though that those who get the first interviews have their files completed early and send their files very early like (in June) and scored high on DAT. If you do all those you should expect an early interview.
Good Luck and enjoy your trip

I am in the same situation. Going in Europe for the summer. Do you guys know when schools send the secondary application out?

Thanks, :love:

Gasedo said:
I am in the same situation. Going in Europe for the summer. Do you guys know when schools send the secondary application out?

Thanks, :love:

It depends on when you send your file to AADSAS, if you send it sometimes in June or early July you should expect secondaries early August and or September depending on schools (some are very fast in replying, some are slower).
Good Luck & you have a nice trip as well

thanks for all the immediate responses