When are the official match results made public for all programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctorbob1485

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Topic speaks for itself. When and where can we usually find all the programs that filled?

Also is there any way to look at which programs were in the SOAP this year?

Members don't see this ad.

The NRMP will put out a match report a few weeks after the match which shows all the programs and which ones filled (all post-SOAP). They don't release which programs were in the SOAP. The data for 2013 can be found here. The 2014 data will post there as well as soon as it is available.

The NRMP will put out a match report a few weeks after the match which shows all the programs and which ones filled (all post-SOAP). They don't release which programs were in the SOAP. The data for 2013 can be found here. The 2014 data will post there as well as soon as it is available.

Are you sure it's post-SOAP? I ask because the 2013 results say that a program I'm very familiar with didn't fill yet I know for a fact they did because I know all the residents. What I don't know is if they filled in SOAP or not. Given this, I assume they filled in the SOAP.

Are you sure it's post-SOAP? I ask because the 2013 results say that a program I'm very familiar with didn't fill yet I know for a fact they did because I know all the residents. What I don't know is if they filled in SOAP or not. Given this, I assume they filled in the SOAP.
After giving it a second look, I think you are correct that the program specific data at the very end is pre-SOAP.

Here is a description of the 2013 data verbatim from the NRMP:
  1. Results and Data: 2013 Main Residency Match (PDF, 116 pages) This report contains statistical tables and graphs for the Main Residency Match® and lists by state and sponsoring institution every participating program, the number of positions offered, and the number filled. SOAP® data are presented for the first time in the 2013 report. Data for prior years also are available.
SOAP data are included, which means it will almost assuredly be available in the 2014 report too.

Here is a description of the 2013 data verbatim from the NRMP:
  1. Results and Data: 2013 Main Residency Match (PDF, 116 pages) This report contains statistical tables and graphs for the Main Residency Match® and lists by state and sponsoring institution every participating program, the number of positions offered, and the number filled. SOAP® data are presented for the first time in the 2013 report. Data for prior years also are available.
SOAP data are included, which means it will almost assuredly be available in the 2014 report too.

It says the SOAP data is presented and it is. But I still think where they list the program results, that's pre-SOAP.

Results and Data: 2013 Main Residency Match (PDF, 116 pages) This report contains statistical tables and graphs for the Main Residency Match® and lists by state and sponsoring institution every participating program, the number of positions offered, and the number filled. SOAP® data are presented for the first time in the 2013 report. Data for prior years also are available.

Program Results, 2009-2013 (PDF, 130 pages) This report the numbers of positions offered and filled for all programs participating in the Main Residency Match between 2009 and 2013. Data forprior years also are available.

Checked for Neurological surgery... Results and Data says that there was only one program which ended up unfilled with one position unfilled UNTIL SOAP and that it PARTICIPATED in soap and GET FILLED IN SOAP (Table 1, page 12 + Table 18, page 54) in 2013. Program Results says that the BWH was the only neuro-surgical program which happened to be unfilled with one spot left.... thus "Program Results" shows Pre-SOAP results (only main match results) thus seeing it everyone can find out which programs got unfilled "and participated" in soap (they may get unfilled but don't have to participate in soap)...

Last edited:
Is there a way to see what programs in each speciality did not fill in a single concise list or do you just have to sift through the whole program list?… Never mind question answered

CTRL+F is the only way... unfortunately... unless you have some better tool then acrobat reader (I mean like conversion into MS Excel file could help for example)