When Did You have Your Growth Spurt?

drorthoman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have you had your growth spurt yet? If you did, how old were you and how many inches did you grow? Are you a male or a female? What's your ethnicity, and how tall are you now? How tall are your parents?

I'm only 5' 7", 16 years old, male, Southeast Asian. I haven't had my growth spurt yet, and my dad said he had his basically when he was 18. My dad's 5' 9", and my mom's 5' 2".

I hope I become at least 5'10". I really want to be 6 foot...;)

Members don't see this ad.

Have you had your growth spurt yet? If you did, how old were you and how many inches did you grow? Are you a male or a female? What's your ethnicity, and how tall are you now? How tall are your parents?

I'm only 5' 7", 16 years old, male, Southeast Asian. I haven't had my growth spurt yet, and my dad said he had his basically when he was 18. My dad's 5' 9", and my mom's 5' 2".

Which one? I've had like 30. Lol. I generally have one every summer. I'm currently 5'11", but I'm still having growth spurts. I'm 16 also. :)

Like 8-10 I grew from 4ft to 5.5ft and 12-16 I grew to 6ft. By the time I hit 17 I was at my current height of 6'2". But who knows, we're all different in our development, I was an early bloomer so i maxed out early, you might be growing far into age 20.
That being said, 5'7" is the average height for a normal adult male.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my growth spurt and I'm still short, I'm 5' 6".

5'6 is a pretty good height for a girl. I got mine when I was 13ish. I grew 18 inches in about two years. I'm 5'7ish now.

'Well, I didn't hit puberty so much as I gently bumped into it, but I was 14.'- John Green

I am a male, currently 18, and I am 6'1". My most significant spurt was at 16, over the summer I grew 5-6 inches.

I grew around 8 inches over the course of a year when I was around 14. I went from 5'6"ish to 6'2". I am now 20 years old at 6'4". Dad is around same height as me, mom is around 5'8".

Growth spurts generally happen between the ages of twelve and eighteen. However, they can happen as late as your early twenties or as early as eight.

Would drinking low fat milk help me grow, lol? II'm 16, so I'm starting to think that drinking milk won't really help. Is that true?

Would drinking low fat milk help me grow, lol? II'm 16, so I'm starting to think that drinking milk won't really help. Is that true?

Milk isn't necessarily going to increase the length of your bones, just ensure that they are well mineralized.

Members don't see this ad :)
Milk isn't necessarily going to increase the length of your bones, just ensure that they are well mineralized.

So is the only thing I can do is to stretch and to let nature run its course? I don't take any vitamins, so I'm thinking that that may be a reason for my being short. :xf: Though, I really really doubt it...

So is the only thing I can do is to stretch and to let nature run its course? I don't take any vitamins, so I'm thinking that that may be a reason for my being short. :xf: Though, I really really doubt it...

What are the heights of your mother and father. Add five inches to your mother's height (I assume you are a orthoMAN) and average the two. That's your approximate height, give or take a few inches. So while you may make 5 10, unless your father was malnourished as a child you are statistically unlikely to reach 6 foot. Unless you are malnourished, chances are that vitamins and minerals are not going to have a significant effect. The primary way to tell if there is something wrong with your current rate of growth is to speak with your pediatrician, who has likely been recording your growth since birth.

This thread is really cute. :) I'm female, but n=1 I didn't grow past the age of 12. I was 5'5" then and, lo and behold, I am still 5'5" at the age of 23. Guys are different, though. Most likely, you will be the height of your father, brothers, grandfathers, and other male relatives. If height doesn't run in your family, you probably won't be tall either. But genes are strange things, so who knows. You'll have stopped growing around the age of 20, so it's difficult to know until you've reached that point.

And, guys, from a lady's perspective, it isn't how tall you are but how confident you are with yourself that makes you attractive!

When I started High School I was 5'2. Four years later I'm 6'3 and still growing. It's different for everyone.

It won't necessarily help you grow taller, but it helps your bones grow. You need your bones to grow in order to get taller, therefore it's probably a good idea.

From age 12 to 13 I grew from 5'0 to 5'3. I have stayed at this height since age 13 . My mom's 5'6 and my dad's 5'7 I wonder why I'm not taller.

Freshmen year of high school, I went from 5'10 to 6 and then over the course of hs I became 6'1.x (I am 21 now and I am on the cusp of 6'2, still hoping i reach it (fingers crossed) come onn growth spurt)

My parents are about 5'7-8

'Well, I didn't hit puberty so much as I gently bumped into it, but I was 14.'- John Green

I am a male, currently 18, and I am 6'1". My most significant spurt was at 16, over the summer I grew 5-6 inches.

That's a **** load of inches in one summer. That doesn't sound accurate for a single summer.

I grew nearly a foot throughout high school my biggest growth spurt was in 10th grade. I think that's average for most teenage boy's.

Hey, I'm a 17 (my birthday was ~one month ago) Indian male. My dad is 6 and my mom is 5'5 or so. I am 5 feet and 9.5 inches. I had hoped to reach my dad's height, but it isn't looking likely at this point, haha.

Don't fret, I could be wrong but studies show over time people grow

O puberty what a wondrous time....

This thread made me lol.

The hsdn forums are so cute with your little growth spurt threads :)

I had mine around 12 or 13. I'm an African American male and I'm 6'1! I grew from around 5'3-5'4 all the way to 6'1! I'm the tallest person on my dad's side of the family :D And I hope to be around 6'3-6'4 by the time puberty stops

I did grow about 1 trillion times my original size during my stay in the womb...

I had mine around 12 or 13. I'm an African American male and I'm 6'1! I grew from around 5'3-5'4 all the way to 6'1! I'm the tallest person on my dad's side of the family :D And I hope to be around 6'3-6'4 by the time puberty stops

Bro, you're black. African American this, African American that...**** it. You're black, nothing to be ashamed of...