When do I need uworld????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ttan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm debating between the year long subscription and just getting 30 day subscriptions before surg, medicine, and step 2.

Did you all make good or decent use of uworld qbank before the other shelf exams?

Thx

Members don't see this ad.

Highly recommend a year long subscription, doing all relevant questions prior to each shelf, reset at the end of the year in preparation for Step 2 CK. Nearly everyone I knew did this to great effect.

Reactions: 3 users
You should have it at the start of third year and until you're done with Step 2. You'll use those questions throughout the year.

Members don't see this ad :)
While I had UWorld for a year subscription, I will say the questions are not always sufficient in preparing for shelf exams on certain rotations. For example, there are only 100 or so Psych questions, 200 for OB, 300 for Peds. So obviously the QBank is more beneficial for things like IM (>1000 questions).

I supplemented with other question books such as Pre-Test for Peds and Lange Q&A for Psych.

I've gotten a great deal of mileage out of UWorld for Shelf Exams. Honored every one so far with the exception of Surgery, which was sorta a kick in the nards anyway because the exam and the Uworld questions were so completely different. I ended up getting a test full of intense questioning on imaging modalities on my Surgery exam, with almost no questions about stuff UWorld tested on.

Ah well, the rest of my shelf exams have gone great, recommend 100%

Reactions: 1 user
Hi I am an IMG. I am about to purchase a uworld subscription but not sure wether I should get it for I month or two months.
Ive done uworld offline subject wise once- completed it 2 months ago.
Now I am about to purchase online uworld random timed.
I plan to give the exam in November and am confused between the one month and the two month subscription.
Most people say it takes 25 days if you do 2 blocks daily..so then should I go for the one month subscription?
Any help will be very much appreciated!
Thanks

Hi I am an IMG. I am about to purchase a uworld subscription but not sure wether I should get it for I month or two months.
Ive done uworld offline subject wise once- completed it 2 months ago.
Now I am about to purchase online uworld random timed.
I plan to give the exam in November and am confused between the one month and the two month subscription.
Most people say it takes 25 days if you do 2 blocks daily..so then should I go for the one month subscription?
Any help will be very much appreciated!
Thanks

You can always extend your subscription if you need more time. If you're going to stick to doing 2 blocks a day, then really you only need the 1 month subscription. But if you take days off or take review days or something, you'll want the 2 months.

While I had UWorld for a year subscription, I will say the questions are not always sufficient in preparing for shelf exams on certain rotations. For example, there are only 100 or so Psych questions, 200 for OB, 300 for Peds. So obviously the QBank is more beneficial for things like IM (>1000 questions).

I supplemented with other question books such as Pre-Test for Peds and Lange Q&A for Psych.

Uwise+ Uworld is great for OBGYN.