When do interview invites begin for internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dermaway

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to a lot of programs out of my teach and wondering if I should add more

Members don't see this ad.

You should get getting invites in the next few days. It's program dependent so don't lose hope yet. However if you want to add programs you should do it soon. The longer you wait the less likely you will be considered as spots fill quickly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you apply to programs within your geographic region? You are more likely to be considered for those spots.

Did you apply to programs within your geographic region? You are more likely to be considered for those spots.
Sorry I shouldn't have said out of my reach, I just didn't apply to many "safety" places. i applied to a lot of the "competitive" places where my stats would be average for

I think I applied to like 24 places, 10 prelim 14 TY

probably 6-8 of those are within my geographic region, while the rest are programs in random places around the country

the issue is i'm not sure iw ant to be in my geographic region

You should get getting invites in the next few days. It's program dependent so don't lose hope yet. However if you want to add programs you should do it soon. The longer you wait the less likely you will be considered as spots fill quickly.

Ummm. Don't lose hope yet?

While there are a few programs that will send out interview invites immediately after submission on 9/15, most programs wait until after the Dean's Letters are released on October 1st. If you look at past threads from last year, you see that the majority of interview invites come out in the first few weeks of October. Not hearing back from anyone yet means absolutely nothing.

I have a question. Do most programs email you a rejection...or do to arrive to that conclusion in LIMBO by not receiving an invitation?

I have a question. Do most programs email you a rejection...or do to arrive to that conclusion in LIMBO by not receiving an invitation?
The answer is yes. To wit...I've been an attending for 2 years now (after a 6 year program of training...so 9 years out from where you are now) and I'm still waiting to hear back from Stanford on my internship application. :xf:

Reactions: 5 users
Got my first yesterday!

[Prelim med] Kaiser Santa Clara, CA

anyone heard from UPMC mercy TY?

I am an IMG and applied for 110 IM prelims, 260+ scores, 2 elective rotation in the US, got only one IV!!!!!!
what are the looking for !!!