When do wait lists get announced?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rdiddy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I interviewed at TTU Lubbock and TCOM and did not get matched on Monday. Obvi feeling pretty awful, but I guess I am still hoping for the waitlist. Does anyone know when how long after match a school will contact you to tell you are on the waitlist? Also, is it inappropriate to contact the schools and ask about your status on a waitlist?

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I interviewed at TTU Lubbock and TCOM and did not get matched on Monday. Obvi feeling pretty awful, but I guess I am still hoping for the waitlist. Does anyone know when how long after match a school will contact you to tell you are on the waitlist? Also, is it inappropriate to contact the schools and ask about your status on a waitlist?

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated!

Whenever the schools feel like it. Waitlists are whatever the schools want to do. They can never announce them and leave you hanging till the last minute or never reject you. They can tell you you're on the waitlist, but not disclose ranks, so it knowing your on the list is pointless. Gear up for reapplying.

Don't contact the schools, it's very common for applicants to have their files dinged and bumped down for too much communication.

Just wait it out. It sucks. But Texas in general has ALOT of waitlist movement. *Almost* everyone that interviews gets put on the waitlist. It's just a matter of where you on that list.

There's normally a lot of movement once Baylor starts sending out the majority of its acceptances. There will then be a trickle down effect.

People are taken off the waitlist up until orientation starts. My advice is to hope for the best but plan for the worst. Best of luck to you!