When do We Get Secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jay2910

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I noticed that virtually none of my D.O Schools have sent me secondaries yet . . . .but some of my M.D ones have.

Is that normal?
Should I begin to expect secondary apps to be rolling out next week?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I noticed that virtually none of my D.O Schools have sent me secondaries yet . . . .but some of my M.D ones have.

Is that normal?

Some schools have sent them out already but of course this varies. Have you been verified yet?

Yes I have been verified.
Do you know of which schools would have already sent them out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

Is that normal?

I'm in the same boat! I've received secondaries from several MD schools, and none for DO schools. I was verified for amcas 6/10 and aacomas 6/3 and my information was sent to DO school 6/19.

I looked at the threads from last year, and many of the schools I am applying to had already sent out secondaries this time of year. I have good stats so I don't think I'm being screened. My only guess is that they are running behind last years schedule.

again, those are just the DO schools I've applied to. Some might be on track with sending out secondaries.

So far I have gotten secondaries from I think 6 DO schools. My app was sent out around June 23rd or something like that. I got them pretty soon after that. Keep in mind a couple schools do not send out secondaries until a little later. Like I am pretty sure PCOM does not send them out until like late July. Some schools like to collect a pile of applications before they send them out. Also I know a few schools are switching over to electronic systems so it is causing them to release secondaries slower than last year. Keep your chin up, what are your stats at? This whole thing is a total crap shoot. I applied to 10 schools and was expecting to only hear from 6 total, so I am surprised by 6 already. You will likely start getting them soon.
Here are the schools that I have received secondaries from so far:
NSU
ACOM
CUSOM
DMU
KCUMB
MUCOM

I have heard VCOM sent theirs out? But I am not 100% sure, I have yet to receive one from them. I believe CCOM has also sent their out, but I did not apply there so I am not 100% sure. Rowan sent me an email in June saying they were going to start sending out secondaries in "a couple weeks" so whatever that means.

So far I have gotten secondaries from I think 6 DO schools. My app was sent out around June 23rd or something like that. I got them pretty soon after that. Keep in mind a couple schools do not send out secondaries until a little later. Like I am pretty sure PCOM does not send them out until like late July. Some schools like to collect a pile of applications before they send them out. Also I know a few schools are switching over to electronic systems so it is causing them to release secondaries slower than last year. Keep your chin up, what are your stats at? This whole thing is a total crap shoot. I applied to 10 schools and was expecting to only hear from 6 total, so I am surprised by 6 already. You will likely start getting them soon.
Here are the schools that I have received secondaries from so far:
NSU
ACOM
CUSOM
DMU
KCUMB
MUCOM

I have heard VCOM sent theirs out? But I am not 100% sure, I have yet to receive one from them. I believe CCOM has also sent their out, but I did not apply there so I am not 100% sure. Rowan sent me an email in June saying they were going to start sending out secondaries in "a couple weeks" so whatever that means.
+ CCOM
AZCOM
MSUCOM
KCOMs
LMU

Now I just need to gather the strength to actually finish and submit the secondaries haha. I dont even have too many bad essays but I am still burnt out already. I cant even imagine what those poor MSU applicants have to go through...

Now I just need to gather the strength to actually finish and submit the secondaries haha. I dont even have too many bad essays but I am still burnt out already. I cant even imagine what those poor MSU applicants have to go through...
It was actually nice because I got the MSUCOM secondary super early (like, before I was verified which was weird, I know) and I finished it before I got any other secondaries. I've reused my MSUCOM answers twice already on other secondaries, and because there are so many questions on it, there's a lot to reuse, ha.

Tell me about it. I've submitted 11 so far (including MSU) and I'm really hoping that applying to so many schools actually yields some good news, because I AM DYING OVER HERE!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got verified monday and so far have received a secondary from RVU and email conformation from that my application was received (but no secondary) from OU-HCOM and CUSOM.

I find myself cherry picking the ones that have like no essays, and then I try to convince myself that that is the perfect school for me hahaha. Its not too bad though, like you said, I have found just in my rough drafts that a lot of stuff is mildly copy and paste.

Have received and completed secondaries from:

AZCOM
CCOM
MUCOM
RVUCOM

Have not heard from:
PCOM
TOUROCOM NY
NYITCOM
NECOM

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Have received from all in the first week of July (except TCOM). It is a little overwhelming getting them all at once.
RVU-COM
WCUCOM
ACOM
KCOM
ATSU-SOMA
DMU
AZCOM
NOVA
LECOM
LECOM-B
MUCOM
CUSOM-Pre-screen rejection- did not do my homework
TCOM

Received AZCOM and Atsu-soma...

If I submit my secondaries but my letter writers are lagging what happens?

also received LMU-DCOM today