When do we GEt SEcondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jux212

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering when are we supposed to get secondaries?.. I submitted on 7/18 and UC Davis..emailed me confirming they got my app... so does that mean all the schools have my app? cuz i havent been verified yet. if so when do they start sending out secondaries? after i get verified? Also im an august mcater so do they usually send secondaries out to august mcaters after tehy recieve their mcat scores?? ANY INFO WOULD HELp=)

Members don't see this ad.

the school which do not screen applications will probably let you fill out secondaries before they get your MCAT scores.

Yes, it will depend on the school. Many will just send you the secondary outright. Others will wait for your MCAT scores. If you search this forum for 'screening secondaries' or something similar you may be able to find out which schools are screening for secondaries. Or, just list the schools to whih you applied and perhaps folks will respond if they know whether or not the school is screening.

Members don't see this ad :)
I see so secondaries should still be coming even though Im not verified? WHat about the online ones should i jsut be looking for them and filling them out or should I wait for an email or something from the schools

It depends. It seems some schools don't mind if they receive a secondary before they request. Others are not as understanding. List the specific schools and perhaps people can tell you which ones are Ok to complete early.

from what i understand this year - almost all schools will take secondaries before requesting them foramlly - only UWash (not WashU) seems a bit touchy about this out of the schools i'm applying to.

Yay I got George Washington's today, my first paper app. I think they have one online too though.