When is considered "early" submission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HappyFeet22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have super low stats, so it's important I apply early. When I was signing up for my MCATs, I planned on taking the August exam. However, I chickened out, and ended up registering for the September one. I plan on submitting my application early September. So, my question is, what is considered "early" in the cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

You should be fine. I wouldn't plan on delaying the MCAT any further though.

Goodluck!

Early September is indeed "EARLY", because it is when the new cycle begins! I will also be applying then (I see no point in applying late). Good luck to you :)

I would still start filling out the primary and get all of your LOR's and transcripts submitted before you take the MCAT. The application opens in August this next cycle and there is no sense in not starting the app as soon as possible. AACPMAS will let you start the app and then you can save it until the end of the cycle. That way when you get your results in October, you'll have all the tedious stuff done and will most likely already have been invited for some interviews (assuming the schools are on top of this earlier start date).