When is NBDE going from P/F back to scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miley Cyrus.

Eat. Sleep. Twerk.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know that the NBDE for a long time was scored. Then it went to P/F. Now they are going to change it back to score. Does anyone know when this change is going to be implemented? Which test date will be the first date where it is back to score?

Thank You.

Members don't see this ad.

i was not aware of this upcoming change. where did you hear about and where can i also learn more about it. do tell.

Reactions: 1 user
The NBDE is not going back to scoring. A new exam for post graduate dental training is being developed by the ADA called the ADAT. It will be scored. The exam is slated to role out 4/16. Will let you know if I hear anything more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not going back to being graded. NBDE will become an integrated Part 1/2 test. ADAT will be implemented for post-grad residency admissions.

Yes I have been told by former member of the ADEA they are going to make pt1/2 together at the end of dental school in the next couple years. If you will have already started d school you will still be taking pt 1 and 2 separate. Once they implement the new system all incoming d students will take the combined test.