When people say RANDOM bio questions, do they mean...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

damnshawty

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Genetic Technology?

Members don't see this ad.

If you very thoroughly learn Cliff's and Barron's AP Bio, you should at least be able to make an educated guess on every problem. Nothing on my test was totally random, although I wasn't absolutely sure on 2 or 3. I could narrow them down to two answers, though! :)

Any topic from first or second semester is fair game. Cliffs, Destroyer or Schaums outlines are great resources to practice questions and gauge what you know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gcecchini--I know you mean no harm, but we aren't allowed to post specific questions. You probably want to edit that! :)

That being said, I don't think that is a very random question. I'm fairly sure it's covered in Barron's and/or Cliff's AP bio.

That being said, I don't think that is a very random question. I'm fairly sure it's covered in Barron's and/or Cliff's AP bio.

Pretty sure that is not in Cliff's, but it was all over the place in Campbell's.

The bio section is random. With OC and GC you know what the high yield topics are that will certainly show up on your exam (Aromaticity, EWG/EDG, ideal gas, etc). With bio, anything is fair game. It can be a high yield topic or merely some minor detail you came across. They also word the questions so that an easy concept is tested in a confusing way.

Pretty sure that is not in Cliff's, but it was all over the place in Campbell's.

I didn't use Cliff's as extensively as Barron's and have gotten rid of that book. However, the answer is on page 234 of Barron's AP bio. I even have it highlighted! :) I thought Barron's was a MUCH easier read than Cliff's!

If it really isn't in Cliff's, though, then this is a great reason why people should use both!