When should I apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedSchool28

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did you complete your MCAT?

You can apply this year. There really isn't anything wrong with that. If you feel confident that you have improved your grades, go for it. If you don't, finish out your post bacc. Don't rush it. You're not really old enough to be considered nontrad, though. I wouldn't count on using that to an advantage.

Good luck to you.

If you haven't taken biochemistry yet, you should. No rush to get in now, take your time and make your first application your best. That includes taking the mcat when you are ready and scoring well on practice exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is a double urm? Never heard of that term but I agree with the above posts.

What is a double urm? Never heard of that term but I agree with the above posts.

I'm curious as to what that is too. Regardless, you can be a triple URM and if your MCAT and GPA are low I don't think it will help you; if it does, god save the patients.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm curious as to what that is too. Regardless, you can be a triple URM and if your MCAT and GPA are low I don't think it will help you; if it does, god save the patients.

I didn't mean to imply that my URM status would override subpar grades/scores. I just wanted to give some general background for reference. Of course, when I say double URM, I mean that I fit into two separate URM categories based on race and gender (duh). To me it shouldn't even matter, but clearly it matters to the schools since they ask for that info, which is why I mentioned it.