When should I start worrying? Wait I already have

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stalkyyy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

I hope the cycle is going well for everyone. I applied late July and was mailed 9/4. I have a 3.6 and a 20AA, with tons of EC (college athlete), shadowing, volunteering etc but I haven't heard back from any schools since completing my secondarys. I applied to 15 schools. Should I be worrying or thinking about sending an email to schools on my status? I know some schools say directly don't contact them, but others don't say anything. Just looking for some input!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
It's still too early to start worrying. I have only heard back from 1 school too, and I was mailed the same time as you. Just start doing something else to take your mind off of it.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied begining of July, was mailed out a month later, and still havent heard anything from schools I applied either. You're fine.!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied begining of July, was mailed out a month later, and still havent heard anything from schools I applied either. You're fine.!
Gothca, thanks for the input! I actually just received an email from Kentucky (OOS) that said held for comparison, super lame but whatever. Don't care where I get in, just want to go somewhere haha.

Way too early to worry. My AADSAS mail out was late july as well. Just hold strong and keep occupied. Check your spam folder!

Way too early to worry. My AADSAS mail out was late july as well. Just hold strong and keep occupied. Check your spam folder!
Yeah I'm trying to stay busy. Taking a couple hard upper level electives my senior year, but it's hard to concentrate on them with this always on my mind haha

Yeah I'm trying to stay busy. Taking a couple hard upper level electives my senior year, but it's hard to concentrate on them with this always on my mind haha

It's you and many many others worrying. A watched pot never boils!

Another week down, *insert hyperventilating here haha

I was wondering when am I gonna recieve any info, or invites, and start worrying... I was just thinking the same thing! :(

I was wondering when am I gonna recieve any info, or invites, and start worrying... I was just thinking the same thing! :(
Only thing I can think is they haven't reviewed my app yet. Lots of people getting interviews with stats lower than mine and I have tons of Ec, volunteer etc. I don't know, I'm sick of waiting that's for sure.

The more I think about it though, maybe they just saw my 2x2 photo and were like dang this kids ugly and threw my file out.

Reactions: 6 users
The more I think about it though, maybe they just saw my 2x2 photo and were like dang this kids ugly and threw my file out.
Lol my thought exactly. I was like maybe this person is too ugly and fat to be a dentist.. Nevermind. Let's moving on. Ughh. I havent heard anything this week either.

Question: from when 'till when is the application cycle? June to December?

Members don't see this ad :)
Depending on the school, the interview cycle generally goes from August to about February/March. First round acceptances are "agreed upon" by schools to be first sent out on 12/1, but decisions can be made any time from then up until the start of the actual school year.

Just an update for those of you keeping score. 0 interviews, 0 contact. I've resorted to smoke signals over my house in the form of a wisdom tooth. Maybe that will get somebody's attention. Some people have like 12 interviews (they probably wear crocs) already wow ya'll are the real MVPs. Keeping the atmosphere light for some good reading. Maybe I'll write a novel instead?

Just an update for those of you keeping score. 0 interviews, 0 contact. I've resorted to smoke signals over my house in the form of a wisdom tooth. Maybe that will get somebody's attention. Some people have like 12 interviews (they probably wear crocs) already wow ya'll are the real MVPs. Keeping the atmosphere light for some good reading. Maybe I'll write a novel instead?
I'm here on the same boat. I just keep telling myself that They just not get to my application yet...

I'm here on the same boat. I just keep telling myself that They just not get to my application yet...
Yeah I don't know, im hoping so. I thought I had a pretty good application but I guess there's still a lot of time left.

i know it sounds stupid but I was feeling the same way that they gonna look at my pic and see my nasty dark roots over my blonde hair and say who is the tacky trash? :sick:

Same boat here except I have one rejection. I'm dying.

In fact, our stats are similar and apps were mailed around the same time.

Take a deep breath everyone. I was not accepted to some schools until January. The interviews will come.

Reactions: 2 users
I only have 1..
I'm highly convinced thay they just look at my 2x2 and put me in the "nope, too fat, too ugly, look way to clumpsy to be a dentist" file..

I only have 1..
I'm highly convinced thay they just look at my 2x2 and put me in the "nope, too fat, too ugly, look way to clumpsy to be a dentist" file..

They are missing out your sense of humor.

I only have 1..

u gotta use photoshop bruh

teeth whitening / thinning / airbrushing

Geeze, you poor dental applicants. Medical schools get back to us within a month about our rejections, they love giving em out!

Still haven't heard anything. I imagine I'll begin to hear things after Dec. 1? Id even take a rejection, at least it's some kind of contact haha

Still haven't heard anything. I imagine I'll begin to hear things after Dec. 1? Id even take a rejection, at least it's some kind of contact haha
I'm so sorry :( did you contact the school at all? Which shools did you apply to?

Buffalo, UNC, Midwestern az, Maryland, Marquette, Tufts, BU, UNE, Lecom, Louville, Kentucky, Michigan, Pitt, VCU. I've contacted a few in which they have all said the same thing "Your application is currently under review with our admissions comittee." I feel I may get a few post dec? We'll see @Carbohydrates

Buffalo, UNC, Midwestern az, Maryland, Marquette, Tufts, BU, UNE, Lecom, Louville, Kentucky, Michigan, Pitt, VCU. I've contacted a few in which they have all said the same thing "Your application is currently under review with our admissions comittee." I feel I may get a few post dec? We'll see @Carbohydrates
Don't worry. You'll hear back soon. I'm rooting for you :)