When should you start applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mthomas2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should one wait until they have met all of the courses required plus the OAT? If no, then when should one apply?

Members don't see this ad.

mthomas2 said:
Should one wait until they have met all of the courses required plus the OAT? If no, then when should one apply?

No. You should apply the year before you intend to go. If you are planning on applying for fall 2006, you can apply now. You just need to have all the pre-reqs completed the semester before you want to start. Visit the websites of the schools that you want to apply to and they will be able to give you more info on deadlines and stuff like that.

pre_opt_sku said:
No. You should apply the year before you intend to go. If you are planning on applying for fall 2006, you can apply now. You just need to have all the pre-reqs completed the semester before you want to start. Visit the websites of the schools that you want to apply to and they will be able to give you more info on deadlines and stuff like that.

For example, I will not complete organic chemistry until summer semester 2006 which will end beginning of aug. Do you think this is cutting it too close and no one would consider me for 2006 because of that?

Members don't see this ad :)
mthomas2 said:
For example, I will not complete organic chemistry until summer semester 2006 which will end beginning of aug. Do you think this is cutting it too close and no one would consider me for 2006 because of that?

No at all. I know people who were taking classes right up until a few weeks before school began. Go ahead and apply.

Do it tomorrow. That's the best time to do everything...tomorrow.