When to Send DAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theGodfather11

Pre-Dental
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just submitted my AADSAS application today. should i send my DAT scores now or when the application is sent to the dental schools?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have taken the test get them sent now.

I thought scores are sent automatically after we take them? I took my test on the 22nd so I shouldn't need to ask the ADA to send them out, do I?

Members don't see this ad :)
send them in as soon as you take them.

They do not necessarily go out right away. You can register and take the DAT without ever indicating what schools you want to have your scores sent to. After the test is taken you would then have to log back in and pick schools before your score will be sent out.

Either way, send them out ASAP.

Yeah... like they said. :thumbup:

Hi, I have a similiar question. (timing matters!)

Do you think I can send recommendation letters (if separate from AADSAS ones) and DAT scores in prior to AADSAS submission to schools?

I believe they keep the files until they become able to match those files.
And I am also sure that they will take care of any official materials seriously. As one of my professor already sent my letter even before May 15th, I don't know if they will not keep it.

Plus, what if I re-send DAT scores to the same places to which I already have sent on the DAT day?