When to send in DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the DAT in December 2013, and I included some schools to get the scores, but I didn't apply last cycle and I know they won't automatically send the scores again this year for 2015 cycle.

When should I request them to send the DAT scores? I heard it takes 2~3 weeks to process them, so if I want to be in the first batch of applications, should I send it in now? or wait at least until the AADSAS application becomes available?

Also, how likely is your unofficial scores to change? I got scores I wanted but I am not sure whether I should pay for the official one.

Is there any way we can check online? or on AADSAS after we request for the DAT scores to be sent out?

Members don't see this ad.

Your scores will still be linked to your application. No need to do or pay for anything.

Once you've submitted, you can see your DAT scores in your application PDF... Otherwise, all it shows is that AADSAS has received them.

I have never heard of someone's scores changing after they left the testing center. I'm sure you would be notified if that was the case.

Your scores will still be linked to your application. No need to do or pay for anything.

Once you've submitted, you can see your DAT scores in your application PDF... Otherwise, all it shows is that AADSAS has received them.

I have never heard of someone's scores changing after they left the testing center. I'm sure you would be notified if that was the case.

What if i wantes to add more school to the list? Should i request scores to be only sent to those schools?

What do you mean by pdf after you submit? You mean when i submit final aadsas application when ive done filling out?

Thx glim

Members don't see this ad :)
What if i wantes to add more school to the list? Should i request scores to be only sent to those schools?

What do you mean by pdf after you submit? You mean when i submit final aadsas application when ive done filling out?

Thx glim

The scores will be automatically uploaded to your application with AADSAS--all you have to do is enter your DENTPIN when you register, and it will all be taken care of. Do not pay to send scores to anyone. Schools will get them with your application.

When you submit your final application, there is a screen you can go to that will allow you to view a PDF version of your full application. You can't see it until you actually submit, though. Before then, there is strangely no way to see your actual DAT scores--all you'll be able to see is simply that AADSAS has them.

Reactions: 1 user
Got it.
its super clear now.

It sucks that we cannot in any way verify the score unless we pay.

Hopefully the magic score i got will stick around when i apply :)

Thanks again for the clarification

It sucks that we cannot in any way verify the score unless we pay.

Hopefully the magic score i got will stick around when i apply :)

Like I said, I have NEVER seen this happen. If there was any discrepancy, I'm sure they would notify you of it. This is definitely not a thing to worry about.