When to send interest emails?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whatisgoingon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. If we already know what our number 1 is, is now an appropriate time to tell them? Or wait until after the holiday? I just received an nice (but vague) email from the PD from that program, and would it be a good idea to follow that up with a "I love your program, please take me!" kind of email?

2. And how would you word emails of interest to other highly ranked but not #1 programs?

Thanks for any help peeps! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

1. If we already know what our number 1 is, is now an appropriate time to tell them? Or wait until after the holiday? I just received an nice (but vague) email from the PD from that program, and would it be a good idea to follow that up with a "I love your program, please take me!" kind of email?

2. And how would you word emails of interest to other highly ranked but not #1 programs?

Thanks for any help peeps! :thumbup:

As per my dean, the key things with this are:

1) Wait until mid January so you can say that you've completed all your interviews and still like them best
2) Have someone call for you so they know you're not lying (some people tell more than one program that they're #1)

Can I ask which program? Good luck getting there!! :luck::luck::luck:

As per my dean, the key things with this are:

1) Wait until mid January so you can say that you've completed all your interviews and still like them best
2) Have someone call for you so they know you're not lying (some people tell more than one program that they're #1)

Can I ask which program? Good luck getting there!! :luck::luck::luck:

Agree. Wait until mid-Jan or immediately after their last interview date. Phone call is not a bad idea at all - PD, your letter writers, dean of student affairs, or chairman of medicine if you have that kind of pull :) - but don't bombard them with phone calls either - 1 or 2 respected names should suffice.

Anyone other than #1, the best wording would be to include you are very highly interested and would be ranking them very high - but everyone knows that means not #1 - some people may be put off by that. And this interest letter is really not necessary if you mentioned that in your thank you letters already. Your rank on the list is not really going to move from non-match zone to match-zone just because some one is your number one.

Good luck!