when to start looking for pain job starting in july 2016?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scottpilgrim

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello guys

i am a current ca3 that will be doing a pain fellowship starting in july.
i was wondering when it would be a good time to start looking for a job that i will begin july of 2016.
i think now might be too early, or is it?

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I heard of a few who had a job lined up by August. Most sign in April or so before graduation from fellowship

I'd recommend start looking for areas of he country your wife wants to live in in the next few months, make sure you like pain the first few months of your fellowship and learn about what kind of practice u want to be in.

Learn as much as u can about billing and setting up a practice the first few months if u are interested in PP or setting up your own practice. The posts here are a great place to start.

I'd say start really looking in November, look for interviews starting January, decide by April (give 2-3 months to get state license and DEA) if u are done in June.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd recommend start looking for areas of he country your wife wants to live in in the next few months, make sure you like pain the first few months of your fellowship and learn about what kind of practice u want to be in.

Learn as much as u can about billing and setting up a practice the first few months if u are interested in PP or setting up your own practice. The posts here are a great place to start.

I'd say start really looking in November, look for interviews starting January, decide by April (give 2-3 months to get state license and DEA) if u are done in June.

Unless you need a Florida license... in which case, you are already late.