When to submit secondary application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letaps

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

When do you guys normally submit the secondary application?...meaning how long after recieving the secondary application, should I wait to submit it?

FYI: I submitted my primary application on July 17th, and I have begun receiving a few secondaries. Also, I will be receiving my MCAT scores on August 18th...

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

When do you guys normally submit the secondary application?...meaning how long after recieving the secondary application, should I wait to submit it?

FYI: I submitted my primary application on July 17th, and I have begun receiving a few secondaries. Also, I will be receiving my MCAT scores on August 18th...

Thanks

If they are timed, obviously do them within the time frame they give you.
Most will suggest 2 weeks and although you don't have to get them done that quickly, sooner is always better.
Most people on SDN are secondary beasts and will turn them around in 2 weeks or less.

I don't think it matters until your application is "complete" (you have your MCAT scores in).

That being said, my primary won't be verified until mid-August, but I'll probably be submitting some secondaries next week. I'm moving, so I need to do them when I have time!