When to take MCAT and when to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ichor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a college sophomore right now and I'm trying to plan out everything. I found this link detailing the timeline.

So to clarify, I should basically use Junior year to take care of my MCAT and apply early Fall of my Senior year? Does this mean I should sign up for an easy Junior year second semester and Senior year first semester?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a college sophomore right now and I'm trying to plan out everything. I found this link detailing the timeline.

So to clarify, I should basically use Junior year to take care of my MCAT and apply early Fall of my Senior year? Does this mean I should sign up for an easy Junior year second semester and Senior year first semester?
It's up to you. That's the traditional schedule that is followed, and it works for many people.

You should take the MCAT most preferably after you have taken the pre-reqs and you feel ready (emphasis on the being ready part... meaning you are scoring at least a point or two above your goal on test-conditions FL AAMC tests).

as far as when to apply, soon after taking your MCAT. those scores expire in 3 years i believe.

Reactions: 1 user