When will 10/23 PCAT scores be available?(merging of all threads on the subject)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fob12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the PCAT test (administered on Oct. 23) score will be out next week before the November 23rd test?

Members don't see this ad.

I was told when I took the PCAT that you will receive the score about 4-6 weeks after you took the test.

for the march pcat, it took 5 weeks before i got it back

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi

Just wondering when they're supposed to be out. thanks if you know :p

I called PCAT cust. serv. and they said scores would be mailed out today from San Antonio, TX.

no mail is running tomorrow because of Thanksgiving. So maybe we'll get them on Saturday.

Plan on about 6+ weeks. When I was waiting for mine, they even made up soem excuse like "Well yes, we did 'send' them, but they all came back because we didn't put stamps on them, so they won't go out until next week". It's great to know that they are partially in charge of your future. :thumbdown:

They should have an option online where you can pay $10 or so to find out what you made a week or two early. I use to do that with the ACT. They would make a killing, especially if everyone is as impatient as me!

I've been checking the mail all day. usually it comes in the morning on Saturday, but today they sure didn't come until after four thirty. And there still wasn't a letter :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get mine today (Mon) either. I personally called PCAT scoring services today, and after a 20 wait on hold they told me that they would be mailed either today or Tuesday. I guess they don't take their 4 week figure very seriously. Well, I've got to go. I have some waiting to do. :mad: :confused: :thumbdown:

This is getting ridiculous. I took the October test so that I could see where I was for the January test--it may be January before I get the results! You'd think for the amount of money we spend to take the test they could get us our scores in a reasonable time--
Since they make us register on-line anyway (or pay $14 more for the paper test), they should just post our results online in our account. I think, for $85, we should get more customer service than this.... :mad:

Yea, I'm also waiting to see my Oct. test score to know whether I need to retake the PCAT on Jan. or not.

still waiting. today hopefully! can't remember if i had them sent home or to me at college though.

no scores here in Iowa as of WEDNESDAY

nothing in maryland. should be tomorrow (hopefully when we all get our scores, we won't be wishing we got them so soon)

nothing in michigan either...... this is driving me nuts! poor mail lady, she must be sick of me attacking her.......

I got mine after 4 weeks after the March test date. They had better get them to us by Saturday, or everyone and their mother will be bombarding their phone lines... because I remember that one little sentence that says "if you don't get your scores after 6 weeks, please call....."

You guys remember that little clause too right?

You better believe it! Monday morning I'll be wanting a discount if I have to call them :thumbup:

Seriously, They better not make me pay extra when I register for the Jan. PCAT. I think the deadline for that is tomorrow.

My guess is that it's taking them longer because of the essays, which i reeeeally hope were just experimental, because mine was crap. Let's hope today or tomorrow is the day! I live in AR, if they're coming from TX i should be one of the first getting them, and i'll let everyone know.

Although I took the PCAT in November, I too hope the essay is not scored. I have been out of school for a while and haven't written an essay in a LONG time! I think the length of my essay was one page! I hope you guys get your scores soon!!! This is most likely a reflection of how long the november scores are going to take, and it is really annoying! Hang in there guys!

Haven't got mine. I'm in NC . Does anyone know how long after you receive your score that Pharmcas receive your score? Hope that sentence makes sense :D

Still nothing in Michigan.....I too remember their little 6 week clause. And yes, the deadline for the Jan PCAT test was tomorrow but if you go their website, they have extended the standard submission deadline to Jan 15. Since my essay also sucked, I was happy to find this on Harcourt's website as well:

"In addition, a Critical Thinking Essay will be field-tested this year, with plans to introduce a live essay component to the PCAT beginning in 2005-06. "

I interpret this to mean that our essays did not matter. If I take the PCAT again in January I may not try real hard on the essay! :rolleyes: Especially since it's at the end of the test, just four and a half short hours of hell behind me.

goheel said:
Haven't got mine. I'm in NC . Does anyone know how long after you receive your score that Pharmcas receive your score? Hope that sentence makes sense :D

Back in the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I was applying to school, WVU received my PCAT score the day I received it (I think they are mailed out simulaneously.)

goheel said:

Pharmcas' website says one week.

And there was not a score for the essay, just verbal ability, biology, reading cmprehension, quantitative ability, chemistry and then the composite.

I got my pcat score today.
I got a 99. They changed the scoring for each section, I still don't get it but I'll try to figure out tonight.
There's no score for the essay, I guess it was just experimental then.
I live Tampa, FL.

hey tampa, you ruining the curve for the rest of us!!

good job though

-skp

Wow baby! Way to go with the 99, Julientampa! I hope I am that fortunate, although I know I won't be since I guessed on the majority of the quantitative questions!

I just got my score. I raised mine from 83 percentile in March to a 94 percentile. I was aiming for a 99 but I think Julientampa took that spot. :p

I hope everyone fares as well.

Hi,
Just got my score yesterday and was pleasantly surprised with 94 composite. The calculus killed me as I forgot alot of the stuff and really did not review calc that well as my review materials were recently rendered obsolete(2004-5 kaplan, barrons, 2005 petersons, summer subscription of pcatprofessor and unfortunately pcatsecrets. ) Math was my weakest score. Best of luck to all.