When will this dean opened another pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
Removed
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This dean was an associated founding dean or founding dean at three pharmacy schools. My question is, when will this guy cashes in (again) and opens another pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What do these three universities have in common? Yeah, they are all for-profit schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah... still not convinced the profession is in trouble though.
I'm going back to school again, actually. I'll be a Pharm.D.D. (or Pharm Douba'D as the cool kids call it). I'll be able to perform two MTM sessions at once.
In all seriousness, I want to invest in a school- there are a lot of still very gullible idiots who will keep throwing their money at them...

Members don't see this ad :)
I met that guy about 2 weeks ago. He said he set up the newest school to be all primary care pharmacists or something because middle of California is seriously lacking primary care options. I'm not from there though, so no clue if it's true.

I dunno, I wanted to ask him a similar question that you did but he was a guest of honor at our school so I decided not to step on any toes.

Why we all hating on this guy? He's a genius. I wish I had the money and know how on getting paid to be a dean and former dean of 3 pharmacy schools.

It is a free country right?

Last edited:
I met that guy about 2 weeks ago. He said he set up the newest school to be all primary care pharmacists or something because middle of California is seriously lacking primary care options. I'm not from there though, so no clue if it's true.

I dunno, I wanted to ask him a similar question that you did but he was a guest of honor at our school so I decided not to step on any toes.

The dean at the new pharmacy school at Chapman University said the same thing. That is rich because both deans are not even licensed in California but yet, they talk about training pharmacists for a job that is not even close to being here. When was the last time these two deans worked as a pharmacist?

Reactions: 1 users
There's no question that they are in it for the profit. The sad part is they will easily fill these seats with unqualified students who have a 2.8 and cannot get accepted anywhere else. 75% of the class will believe that they will be working in a hospital or find some type of primary care job. When these students have no choice but to enter retail they will become subpar pharmacists contributing to a worsening job market. They will then return to SDN to complain... a reality that we are already seeing.

When was the last time these two deans worked as a pharmacist?

You could ask the same question of 90% of the Deans and Assistant/Associate Deans across the country, and get the same response. Taking on Dean-level responsibilities require you to drop other responsibilities and obligations.

You do realize that probably 40%-50% of all pharmacy program deans are not pharmacists, right? They have PhDs in related fields like pharmaceutics, pharmacology, or medicinal chemistry, but are not pharmacists- it is not a requirement of the job per ACPE Standard 8.

You could ask the same question of 90% of the Deans and Assistant/Associate Deans across the country, and get the same response. Taking on Dean-level responsibilities require you to drop other responsibilities and obligations.

You do realize that probably 40%-50% of all pharmacy program deans are not pharmacists, right? They have PhDs in related fields like pharmaceutics, pharmacology, or medicinal chemistry, but are not pharmacists- it is not a requirement of the job per ACPE Standard 8.
Those standards are so incredibly vague. Who determines what "qualified" means? I'm sure some could argue that means you must be a pharmacist, but I'm sure many more say any "leader" is qualified, regardless of degree/credentials.

That is a fair point but let's be honest here. These two deans are just selling snake oil. It is all about selling false hope so they can make another buck or two.

You can't find a job? They don't care. They already got paid.

You have 250 k in student loan debt? Big deal. Your debt paid their salary.

Who would start a new pharmacy school and then leave before it has received full accreditation? What a scam so he can open another pharmacy school and make more money.

Pharmaceutical care becomes patient care then it becomes MTM. Now the new buzz word is "provider status". These two know better and it is shameful that no one has called them out on it.

T These two know better and it is shameful that no one has called them out on it.

You have. As have plenty of people in the profession. But as it has been pointed out ad nauseum on this forum, if a bubble exists, only market forces will correct it.

That is a fair point but let's be honest here. These two deans are just selling snake oil. It is all about selling false hope so they can make another buck or two.

You can't find a job? They don't care. They already got paid.

You have 250 k in student loan debt? Big deal. Your debt paid their salary.

Who would start a new pharmacy school and then leave before it has received full accreditation? What a scam so he can open another pharmacy school and make more money.

Pharmaceutical care becomes patient care then it becomes MTM. Now the new buzz word is "provider status". These two know better and it is shameful that no one has called them out on it.

BMB: if you were a high school graduate today, what kind of goals would you set during college? Medical school? Dental or PA school? Silicon Valley? There is a pharmacy school instructor on the forums who is defending the costs of her school ($200,000+). That wasn't surprising, but the fact that she's even applying to medical school felt like a curveball. Even the clinical academic instructors are feeling antsy about the field!

There is a pharmacy school instructor on the forums who is defending the costs of her school ($200,000+). That wasn't surprising, but the fact that she's even applying to medical school felt like a curveball. Even the clinical academic instructors are feeling antsy about the field!

Link, please? Thanks in advance.

MY PLEASURE, FRIEND. I have no problem calling these hypocrites out. Here's a TLDR version: "Oh yeah, pharmacy is really fulfilling! *Runs away to apply to medical school.*"

Here's him/her jumping to the defense of the most expensive pharmacy schools to avoid .... look at page 3: (I won't name anyone, but you can connect the dots.)

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/top-pharmacy-schools-to-avoid.1098793/page-3#post-16500842

Then behind our backs, especially the pre-pharmers who find it hip to just chuck money into these professors' mortgage and car payments, vacations and kids' soccer leagues, look at him/her applying to medical schools!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/3-45c-3-31s-non-traditional.1137741/#post-16521193

MY PLEASURE, FRIEND. I have no problem calling these hypocrites out. Here's a TLDR version: "Oh yeah, pharmacy is really fulfilling! *Runs away to apply to medical school.*"

Here's him/her jumping to the defense of the most expensive pharmacy schools to avoid .... look at page 3: (I won't name anyone, but you can connect the dots.)

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/top-pharmacy-schools-to-avoid.1098793/page-3#post-16500842

Then behind our backs, especially the pre-pharmers who find it hip to just chuck money into these professors' mortgage and car payments, vacations and kids' soccer leagues, look at him/her applying to medical schools!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/3-45c-3-31s-non-traditional.1137741/#post-16521193

Gotta squeeze the uninformed pre-pharmers students for as much student loan money as possible before jumping ship.

Not sure how you linked your assumption together, maybe they realized that pharmacy wasn't for them? Maybe they really really like school? You have no idea if they are running away from anything.

I love the 'sky is falling' as much as the next person, but this is just silly.