When you've reached the "practice passage" stage of your MCAT studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csx

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
about how many PP's questions or passages (if you prefer to count that way) would you say you cover a day??

by "PP" stage I mean by the time you are done with Content review and focus mainly on practice

Members don't see this ad.

I did 1 full section every other day (reviewing answers on alternate days) for ~5 weeks, then did 1 FL test every week (reviewing 1 section's answers every other day during the rest of the week) for ~5 weeks. Then took the real thing.

Doing 2 TBR chapters per day. Re-doing the physics one I did a month ago and starting Orgo, Gen Chem, and Bio. Averaging so far around low 80%s.

Doing 2 TBR chapters per day. Re-doing the physics one I did a month ago and starting Orgo, Gen Chem, and Bio. Averaging so far around low 80%s.

Dreamstoo I can't PM you, I guess because of your settings, but I remember you saying you were taking the September 18th exam in the NYC area (no I'm not a stalker, I just recognize you because of the Kobe avy :laugh: and yes I am a Laker fan). Are you no longer taking it then? I ask because I'm dying to try to get a NYC center for this date.

And OP to answer your question. It depends on how much time you have. I think doing two full sections is tough, but doable and is a good pace. Could you elaborate how much time you have left?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dreamstoo I can't PM you, I guess because of your settings, but I remember you saying you were taking the September 18th exam in the NYC area (no I'm not a stalker, I just recognize you because of the Kobe avy :laugh: and yes I am a Laker fan). Are you no longer taking it then? I ask because I'm dying to try to get a NYC center for this date.

And OP to answer your question. It depends on how much time you have. I think doing two full sections is tough, but doable and is a good pace. Could you elaborate how much time you have left?

Sorry man, I'm still attempting the MCAT on the 9/18. Also my testing center is about an hour from NYC (my preference).

I have just under 2 months. So idk...100 passagebased Q's a day? 200? More? less? Not sure where to fit in reviewing in that time slot for ones i got wrong

Also good luck on getting the right test center.

You're in a really good place if you have 2 months specifically devoted to questions. One more question, what material are you using for the passages?

I have just under 2 months. So idk...100 passagebased Q's a day? 200? More? less? Not sure where to fit in reviewing in that time slot for ones i got wrong

Also good luck on getting the right test center.
I was using the R versions of old MCATs so just >100 Q/section * 3 sections/week
And make time to review. Even if it means doing less questions. You won't improve if you don't know what you're doing wrong.

I was doing 9-12 TBR passages a day and 2-3 verbal passages every other day (kind of wish I had done more). Also did 12 FLs over the span of 1.5 months

I was doing 9-12 TBR passages a day and 2-3 verbal passages every other day (kind of wish I had done more). Also did 12 FLs over the span of 1.5 months
Kind ofwish you did more Verbal passages or TBR?

I'm doing 7 TPRH workbook passages + 3 TPRH verbal passages per day. Plan is to finish the book by the end of October.
For me, the post-game analysis takes the longest. I'm too neurotic to skip the answer explanations even if i'm comfortable with the topic.