When's it time to panic about the APPLICATION CYCLE timeline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marjan Islam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying my best to finish all the secondaries and sending them out asap. I'm applying to around 17 schools, so its tough, but I wanna get everything in by the end of August. Thing is though, my pre-med advisor still hasn't completed the committee letter for me. We had our composite interview July 17th, and it's nearing the end of August. I sent her an e-mail, any idea how long this committee letter takes? And how am I doing for the time-line? Seeing others with interview offers already makes me jittery :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

The end of "normal submission" in the timeline is typically thought of as being complete by the end of August at the schools to which you are applying to. Past then is considered "late submission" but it is not a discrete continuum. Just get it in ASAP and while you're waiting, fill out everything else you possibly can. Get all secondaries done, everything paid for, so that as soon as your committee letter is sent you are complete everywhere.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
When you guys talk about being complete by the end of August, are you referring to you sending everything off by then (LORs already in, paid, secondary, etc) or the schools actually marking you complete? There seems to be quite a few weeks for me between those dates so I was hoping for some clarification as to whether it would be late for me to get everything in by end of August (but probably not marked complete until end of Sept)....

Generally, that's schools marking you complete, but it really depends on turnaround time at your target schools.:thumbup: