When's the earliest we can sign up for a new MCAT date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dreamstoo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious

Members don't see this ad.

February 11th is when they open for April, May, and June testing dates, he other dates openings have not been announced yet, follow the AAMC MCAT twitter @AAMC_MCAT for regular updates.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for that information as well. I thought it was February 1st myself, so you saved me the hassle of trying to figure out why I couldn't register tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
I won't be able to register when the testing sign up opens because I have to wait for FAP, do you think I would have trouble getting test date for April/May?

Because they have to develop new grading curves.
I'm not sure that is the case though. They mention that they will have the same amount of seats, just less testing dates. How would less dates help them set a new grading curve?

It's annoying for me bc I was hoping to take the new MCAT in October or November of this year. But based on this new information, I might be forced to wait until April 2016 to take the thing. I don't see the point in them restricting the exam dates. The new changes are already a hassle and pain in the behind for students. There still isn't as much information about the new exam overall. It's just another added layer of frustration on my end. And I know for sure I won't be the only one annoyed by this.

But hopefully they will add test dates in Jan 2016. I'd much rather not have to wait months just bc they decided to restrict exam dates for the new MCAT. But again, lack of information still makes the entire process frustrating

They will only be offering the new MCAT between the months of April - Sept this year, which I think is complete bull. Why do they feel the need to restrict the number of test dates? Its ridiculous

https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/mcat2015/faqs/382620/testingcalendar.html
Historically, MCAT testing calendar starts in January and concludes in September. This past year (2014) was an unusual testing year for the AAMC as they tried to accommodate as many examinees as they could for the old MCAT. What is changing for the 2015 test is that all exams will be AM administered. There won't be any PM exams starting this year.