Where are those 18-19 AA/TS people who have been accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonymuz

dance!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sup u guys was searching through predents and i see a good number of people or have 18-19 scores have gotten in.. are you guys reapplicants or was there something about you that the reason they accepted you instead of20+ applicants? id personnaly like to know, bc im wondering what is the deciding factor for the adcoms? I personally just scored 18AA/19TS on the 31st and gives me some hope that i may have a chance..

Members don't see this ad.

Got in to three schools with a 17AA, and not a minority. I had lots of shadowing, research publications, two years medical exp, two degrees, four years managing a 12mil profitable company, and much more. My GPA was very high, but DAT and GPA are only a factor, most schools look to have a well mixed class. Your scores are good so best of luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lots of PLaces... Just dont knock on harvards door!!!!

I didnt get in last year... so I got an assisting job and applied again.
I think that's what did it for me.

I got a 17 here and 1 acceptance so far (I did well on everything but absolutely BOMBED the QR). Don't think that low DAT's will automatically count you out. With a well rounded app. anything is possible :D.

yeah i have 18TS/19AA

i aced the pat section, that might have helped + i think my gpa is decent >3.5
good EC, shadowing,

write a good PS and then go from there!

18/19/20 here.. basically just a regular hardworking guy with a genuine interest in becoming a dentist, which is what I feel like d-schools want. Be relatively smart, genuine, show you worked hard w/ gpa/dat, and really want to be a dentist and theres no reason you can't get in.

19TS/18AA/18, got into two schools not minority, state schools are more competitive so to me it seem like you have to have either GPA or lots of extracurricular activities (something to stand out) to accommodate for the lower scores(which personally I don't think it's that bad at all) but the schools are saying 20 is the new 18. Remember to apply to some out of state schools. Good luck!

you guys give me lots of hope!

Smiley-face.gif

I scored 18's, 19's, and 20's... but nothing over 20. I got into 3 schools, and I am not a re-applicant. Maybe these schools were easier to get into this year..? I don't know. I got a status letter from USC that boasted an AA of 19 and an average GPA of 3.5. I have those stats but didn't get an interview. I think the competitiveness for each school varies from year to year.

I remember when I was about to send in my application, I read this thread where someone said that Case Western was only going to accept people with 20+ across the board... scared the bejezus out of me. I got in :thumbup: Don't believe rumors. If you can balance out a stellar application, you'll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember getting my 19 and thinking "Oh well, so much for UC schools and Harvard, USC here I come"....let's just say that the complete reciprocal happened :D

The serious schools truly look at you as an individual, rather than a set of numbers.

21 is 92 percentile AA
23 is 98 percentile Total Science
Those are my scores. Yet I am having hard time. Have to blame it on my GPA. It all has to do about being all rounder.

19AA; 3.5 GPA

Applied to 7, interviewed at 4, accepted to 2. There's hope.

18aa/21pat, 3.8gpa, well rounded, first time app., not a super active extracurricular but very dedicated to the two clubs i was in. I made a C in biochem, which they asked me about. Dental assistant for one year total, some shadowing. I was convinced that I was a run of the mill applicant that was probably going to have to try again next year.

I got in to my state school. Before a few of my own friends who I thought were more competitive than I was and people who had applied previously. I believe that my interview went really well and they understood that I have a true interest in helping people with dentistry, rather than trying to make money or going the "easy route towards the title of Dr.".

I'll be honest... I'm still trying to get over the shock of getting in (^_^).

It depends. If the 18-19 in the DAT is paired with say a GPA 3.0 then it is hard to get into dental school. An 18-19 with a GPA 3.5+ then its a shoo in somewhere unless there is something else that is wrong.

21 is 92 percentile AA
23 is 98 percentile Total Science
Those are my scores. Yet I am having hard time. Have to blame it on my GPA. It all has to do about being all rounder.

same boat man, applied really late and CC killed me even though had 4.0 there

19 aa, 19ts, 23pat

3.54gpa bs biochemistry

didnt get in on my first try...

19/19/19 3.65

Over 100 hours of shadowing in various offices, NCAA D1 Athlete, Father is a Dentist... I don't want to come off as cocky, but my interview skill is probably one of the strongest points of my application. Very genuine interest and excitement about dentistry. TOTALLY EXCITED FOR NEXT YEAR.:thumbup:

First time My DAT was 19/17, and I retook my DAT. My DAT score is 19/22

Have lots of hope! They look at well-rounded applicant as well as your true passion and desire to go into dentistry.

I am a re-applicant. Even before that, I knew my sub 3.0 GPA wouldn't cut it, so I didn't apply my senior year of college.

Last year when I applied, I didn't even get an interview. This year, I took post-bacc classes, obtained a RDA license, worked in dental office, and not only continued some of my previous volunteer, I also volunteered at additional places/shadowed different dentist/attended ADA convention, CDA convention...etc.

This year, I have three interviews and one acceptance. The first interview I screwed up on, and I got help immediately and adjusted accordingly. Now, I got in the second school I interviewed at! ^^

AA/TS/PAT was 18/17/20, gpa 3.5/3.42, i was accepted to pitt

AA/TS/PAT 19/20/21 Accepted at Buffalo.:thumbup:

Pre-dents and SDN are great resources, but you have to take them with a grain of salt. Everyone who is on here is alot more dedicated than the regular applicant. Furthermore, anyone who posts their stats are usually even more dedicated and proud. So you have to consider these people are the upper part of the applicant pool you are dealing with. My stats are not nearly as good as the majority of the people who have been accepted to these schools, but yet I locked up UDM for the fall. So keep working hard and it will come!

Here's hope for all you out there reaching for a dream. I applied last year and was waitlisted with 3.2 gpa and 17/17/17 dat. I did take the dat again and scored 16/18/18 ( my qr scored brought my AA WAY down, I guess you could call me calculator dependant) my GPA went to a 3.3 and science gpa of 3.5. I have had a couple interviews and I will be attending Tufts in the Fall. Don't give up hope. There were a lot of other extras that helped ex. I am a small buisness owner, I did about 100 hours of shadowing. I tutored and was a TA at my school and did a research project. Last year I overly prepared for the interview cause I was nervous, this year all I did was read my PS because I wanted all my answers to come from the heart I guess it worked!:)

Reactions: 1 user
Make sure it isn't somebody playing a cruel joke on you. :D

haha, it's not. although, i admit i keep questioning whether i'm going to wake up soon. it certainly feels like a dream. i got a phone call--i think that's unusual though for umdnj--and since i have their number stored, it showed up on my cell's caller id. :p

Last year I overly prepared for the interview cause I was nervous, this year all I did was read my PS because I wanted all my answers to come from the heart I guess it worked!:)

i agree with this last sentiment. while it's important to be familiar with the school, most important is knowing your application and being genuine. i 'studied' much harder for my SB interview and i definitely don't think my personality shined through at all. i think it's tough to rock your first interview in general; at least for me, i was super nervous b/c i didn't know if it was the only interview i was going to get. it's probably also dependent on the individual, obv.

18 AA/ 19TS/ 18PAT
GPA:3.33
Science GPA: 3.44

I'm applying to Texas schools. What are my chances?

sup u guys was searching through predents and i see a good number of people or have 18-19 scores have gotten in.. are you guys reapplicants or was there something about you that the reason they accepted you instead of20+ applicants? id personnaly like to know, bc im wondering what is the deciding factor for the adcoms? I personally just scored 18AA/19TS on the 31st and gives me some hope that i may have a chance..

Use proper English and you may get an interview.

I am a 2015 applicant and got a AA:19 TS:20.
So far, I've received 2 interviews, 0 rejections, and still waiting to hear from 8 schools! It is pretty nerve-wrecking but I'm hoping what these people are saying is true. If you're a well rounded applicant, there is hope.

I am a 2015 applicant and got a AA:19 TS:20.
So far, I've received 2 interviews, 0 rejections, and still waiting to hear from 8 schools! It is pretty nerve-wrecking but I'm hoping what these people are saying is true. If you're a well rounded applicant, there is hope.
When did the schools receive your application?

When did the schools receive your application?

In 3 batches technically. My first send out was 6/20 (missing DAT and LOR)
My second was sometime in July (LOR)
My third and final send out was 8/8 (DAT scores)

so how long did it take to call you for an interview from 8/8

My first interview invite I got on August 8th and my second invite I got August 26th.

oh wow! same day! how awesome is that :)

Did you have all the supplementals out by 8/8 also?

Thank you!! I was pretty surprised by the same day invite!!
Some yes, and others no. I completed both supplementals for the schools I've received invites from in June. I added 3 Schools to my list after I took the DAT so those supplementals were completed later.

Who in the world revived this old ragged thread from 2008 lok

Reactions: 1 users