Where are you applying? What are your top schools?

Do you think it's even remotely reasonable to take Physics, Gen Chem, and Gen Bio together freshman year?

Why would this even be necessary

Members don't see this ad.

The only two colleges on my list currently worth mentioning are Hopkins (huge reach) and Case. i am glad the high schoolers on this site are not like the people on CollegeConfidential.

Do you think it's even remotely reasonable to take Physics, Gen Chem, and Gen Bio together freshman year?

if you are deliberately trying to tank your GPA by loading up that many very important classess all at the same time, there are probably easier ways to hurt yourself

just deliberately flunk tests or something. All the effect, none of the hassle

on a less sarcastic note, your freshman year will probably already have a number of things you have to take regardless of what you'd hope to fit into the schedule, so there may not be a huge amount of room in the schedule regardless

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty applicable for any college campus. Lots of new people moving in and out, easy for a 1000 dollar bike to disappear when left unattended.
I was looking at the major map and these classes are all Physics, Gen Bio 2, and Ochem I. That will be fun. Also thanks for the profs, I'll probably bookmark this and make sure I check them out when I register down the road!

Did you ever consider Barrett? What did you think the major advantages of ASU when you applied to med school?

The only two colleges on my list currently worth mentioning are Hopkins (huge reach) and Case. i am glad the high schoolers on this site are not like the people on CollegeConfidential.

WOT? YOU AREN'T APPLYING TO HARVARD, YALE, AND STANFORD? YOU ARE WORTHLESS!

-college confidential

I was looking at the major map and these classes are all Physics, Gen Bio 2, and Ochem I. That will be fun. Also thanks for the profs, I'll probably bookmark this and make sure I check them out when I register down the road!

Did you ever consider Barrett? What did you think the major advantages of ASU when you applied to med school?

I was in the BHC for all four years. I think the primary advantage of ASU is the fact that there are a lot of great but underutilized opportunities in terms of funded research, volunteering, leadership,etc. So if you are a motivated person it is pretty easy to do some cool stuff.

WOT? YOU AREN'T APPLYING TO HARVARD, YALE, AND STANFORD? YOU ARE WORTHLESS!

-college confidential
:laugh:
This is why I left that site long ago. That and the 2400 SAT/5.0 GPA kids with 1000 hours of Piano, president of xyz club, president of yzx club, founder of zyx club posting about being worried about being accepted.

I think its possible but unnecessary. There is more to freshman year than loading up for your quadruple major. Get settled, get organized, get involved. There's plenty of time to fit everything in and I think a lot of people end up regretting overloading themselves in the beginning.

I think its possible but unnecessary. There is more to freshman year than loading up for your quadruple major. Get settled, get organized, get involved. There's plenty of time to fit everything in and I think a lot of people end up regretting overloading themselves in the beginning.
One more question, when did you start research?

Well I was wondering if they were lenient with having freshman/sophomore help with research. Usually don't they prefer juniors and seniors because they sort of know the material better?

Well I was wondering if they were lenient with having freshman/sophomore help with research. Usually don't they prefer juniors and seniors because they sort of know the material better?

A few labs may be closed to junior students, but its mostly because freshmen are flaky and often change fields entirely, so they don't want to invest in the manpower. That being said there are still plenty of research positions available as a freshman, especially via Barrett. Few things you learn in college will directly prepare you for any given lab, though certainly there are indirect benefits of additional education.