Where can I compare different medical schools based on statistics for free?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MintChocolateChip94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Do you all recommend any websites that allow for easier comparison of medical schools? I want to compare average gpa, mcat, tuition, class size etc. Currently, I can't find any good sites.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

the MSAR costs $25. that's where the stats are if you want them all. you can get some of the info for free.

a free way to get data is to look for it on med school web pages. this actually gets you the freshest data.

DO school data is on aacom.org. again, best info is on each school's website.

Go to the career center at your university, they usually have a subscription for free to MSAR you can use.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Get MSAR

School website data is not always the freshest by any means. There are a number of school websites that list admission data that is clearly outdated. I only bring any of this because some of it is significantly outdated as well. For ex, Mt. Sinai says on their website our accepted students usually have around a 3.7/35. MSAR shows that its really a 3.87/37 for median stats(note these are matriculant stats which are often lower than accepted stats) and that 3.63 is the 10th percentile(so 3.7 is not some kind of norm there).

Best bet, save up the money for MSAR. It's the best investment you'll make. Nobody who has bought MSAR has ever regretted it. School websites can give a rough guide but for many people the 10th/90th percentile data is at least as important if not more important than the median data which and I don't know of many schools that list 10th/90th percentile data.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello,

Do you all recommend any websites that allow for easier comparison of medical schools? I want to compare average gpa, mcat, tuition, class size etc. Currently, I can't find any good sites.

Thank you.
I've used StartClass.com (http://medical-schools.startclass.com). You can sign up for free and it will break down several areas of consideration including instate vs. out of state applicants, tuition, acceptance rates, # of interviews offered and other class statistics. I found it very helpful for comparing the schools I've applied to on a multitude of levels. I will say though, that all of the data may not be up to date. I am currently applying to an MD/PhD program that is listed as only MD on this site. However the dual degree program entered it's first matriculants this year (August 2015). Definitely worth a shot if you're not interested in paying $35