Where can I find Biochemistry practice passages (other than FLs)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

remedy23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know I can use EK's 30 minute exams, and TPR has chapter passages, I never bought Kaplan, and TBR 2011 has some Biochemistry passages, and Khan Academy.

What about TPR Science Workbook? I know Biochemistry was a new addition, and I only have the older edition of TPR Science Workbook. Is there any others (other than NextStep).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You'll get a 10 or so online practice passages by buying Kaplan's biochem book. That's pretty much it in addition to everything else you listed. But really, we're talking a lot of passages here: TBR Bio II is practically all biochem. It has 5 sections, each with ~15 passages. Pretty decent.

Reactions: 1 user
Has any one here or lurking this thread try out or heard the M prep Q bank? It's like $66 for 3 months subscription, and Im considering buying but Im tight on money so dont want it to be a weak resource... their "sample" looks to be at the level you want it at, but I don't know how its split up, and if there are plenty passages...
would be a nice resource for practice passages but I am not sure.

@mcatjelly What are you using for psych practice? (sorry if you mentioned before).

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll get a 10 or so online practice passages by buying Kaplan's biochem book. That's pretty much it in addition to everything else you listed. But really, we're talking a lot of passages here: TBR Bio II is practically all biochem. It has 5 sections, each with ~15 passages. Pretty decent.

I know, but their passages are just so HARD :(
I just tried their metabolism passages, and I did well in the basic ones, but the ones later are something else.

I found the same and stop using them lol

Yeah, I'm on metabolism - most of the passages have been fair, and there's a few where I'm like WTF. But even if you get the answer wrong, they're a good way of making you think. I think reviewing the answers is probably more important than actually getting the answers right because if you can understand how they got their answer, you're learning more by taking their passages.

You can just google online tests from other universities. That's how I studied for my biochem class when I needed something different. It shouldn't be all that different if you've taken a biochem course. Just a suggestion, might not be MCAT style, but definitely the materials are out there.

If you want just passages, I've been using the Nextstep strategy and practice books. Each one is 4.5 full sections of passages. There are 4 different books. Their CARS is good, Psych/Soc and Bio/Biochem is close to the AAMC as well. The ChemPhys book is probably the least like the AAMC of all 4. I'd still rank it above the Kaplan/TPR stuff I've seen but the Chem/Phyis practice book is not as AAMC-like as NS own full lengths or the EK full lengths.

Post reported. Again. Stop soliciting your company.

Last edited by a moderator: